I was bored, so I picked up my camera and...

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited January 19, 2004 in The Big Picture
2031739-M.jpg
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2004
    Have you met my brothers?

2031738-M.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited January 18, 2004
    and then all hell started breaking loose...

2032077-M.jpg
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2004
    Remarkable how some portrait artists are able to capture the essence of a person. mwink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 18, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Remarkable how some portrait artists are able to capture the essence of a person. mwink.gif
    Are you implying I have multiple personalities? eek7.gif

lol3.gif
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Are you implying I have multiple personalities? eek7.gif

lol3.gif
    Hmmm.... Why don't you have a vote on it and tell us.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited January 19, 2004
    fish wrote:
    and then all hell started breaking loose...

2032077-M.jpg
    As you can clearly see, this is a case of Alien Abduction. Notice that
    Brother number four is beginning teleportation. That's usually how it
    starts out...

Fish, how's about a little ditty on how you created the picture? The
    original. Not this one.

Thanks!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited January 19, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    Fish, how's about a little ditty on how you created the picture?
    Sure. As I said, I was kinda bored, so I was messing around with time exposures and set up the camera on a tripod, mirror lockup, f8, 30s, remote release, and put the 550ex on manual 1/8. Released the shutter and walked in front of the lens. Held the flash in front of me, pointed up at my face...bang, move left a little, bang, left, bang, left, bang. Took about 7 or 8 shots to find the right mix of background exposure to capture the light pollution, flash output level, distance from lens, and movement amount to the left. Kinda fun.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited January 19, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Sure. As I said, I was kinda bored, so I was messing around with time exposures and set up the camera on a tripod, mirror lockup, f8, 30s, remote release, and put the 550ex on manual 1/8. Released the shutter and walked in front of the lens. Held the flash in front of me, pointed up at my face...bang, move left a little, bang, left, bang, left, bang. Took about 7 or 8 shots to find the right mix of background exposure to capture the light pollution, flash output level, distance from lens, and movement amount to the left. Kinda fun.
    Very cool. Way back, I did some long exposures with a lit interior of a car.
    Similar deal. Used the flash to light the interior.

Something else to try is painting with a flashlight or even the strobe.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2004
    Very cool, Fish, thanks for the explanation. That's a creative thing to do and it turned out well. Gotta try that myself. Now, where'd I put my pants? headscratch.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Very cool, Fish, thanks for the explanation. That's a creative thing to do and it turned out well. Gotta try that myself. Now, where'd I put my pants? headscratch.gif
    I don't think that is what he meant when he said he flashed himself.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph