Options

A Vineyard Affair

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited July 1, 2009 in Weddings
I realize there's some overlap between People and Weddings, but for those wedding aficionados who don't wander over to people - where I hang out - I just posted a new wedding shoot here
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    The first three have distracting foreground elements.
    When doing framing like this it should accentuate the framed element not distract you from it.
    The second one needs a crop from the bottom, then that would be my favorite of the shots presented here.
    I guess I am a prude but the close up of her underwear as presented like that kind of bugs me....for some reason. The shot itself is well done.
    The last shot feels to close to me and she was caught in mid blink.
    I am SURE you have some better shots in your gallery than those presented here....I will try to look at some more later.

I like the processing and the exposures are well done.
  • Options
    MA-FOTOMA-FOTO Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    first ....Looks like a fun wedding to shoot. :D
    and a great looking couple to boot!!!!

Interesting shots here and i looked at the thread and the 140 or so shots on your site.

Overall - you are on for focus/colors and timing of shots. thumb.gif
    for example - the interior Church shot (from the back) is fantastic - lots and lots of detail and very clean processing.

could use more - smaller DOF to help separate subject/guide viewer.

i see 2 areas where you can take some average 'snap shot' and turn them into 'wow'.
    1. composition
    photo 94 - you have a great capture of the couple full length. very cool including the door jam. just crop out the very little backside (of somebody) we see on the left. it is not enhancing the shot.

The second picture here in this thread could use less DOF and less of moms head. we will fill in the rest of moms head in our brains without seeing everything.

i see shots and understand what you are doing - but they look a little point and shoot like with the angle-view

2. post processing

-picture 133 could use some added contrast and saturation.
    -the beach series (after wedding) would be cool as B&W
    -I love the interior of the car shot - but would be very cool if processed differently: B&W, old vintage, cyan casted ... something.

These are just my thoughts.
    I have no intention of being rude .... i just like to give constructive feed back from what i see.

Later,
    _Mark
    Drive 50D ~ 24-70 L ~ 85mm ~ 28mm ~ Tammy 17-50 mm ~ Stuff
    ~
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    Hey, I know that church, and I know that preacher. fun.