Options

Can't email pic from LG Shine

mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
edited July 3, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I have an LG Shine phone and cannot seem to send photos to my smugmug site from it. I've got the whole email password and stuff set up and smugmug but when I send a photo, it never appears.

Smugmug even creates the Email gallery for me when I send a photo, so obviously it seems that something came in but the gallery remains empty (no processing image thumbnail or anything).

I can send the same photo to Flickr, Outlook, Gmail, and Hotmail and it comes through just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 3, 2009
    We see a bunch of cell phones that add stuff to your messages, or send in a format other than plain text. ie. HTML or Rich Text due to their MMS system. We cannot support the other formats at this time. One option is to setup your email app to receive messages from your phone and convert them to plain text to be resent to us. Some email programs will do that for you automatically using filters and rules.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I'm not sure how widespread that is, but hopefully it'll be beefed up at some point to support non-plain-text email. It would also be nice if there was a way to direct emailed photos to different galleries on a per-photo basis, but now we're getting into feature request territory mwink.gif