Options

Some Street photos from Lahore

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 4, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I was away to shoot two very famous mosques of Mughal period last Sunday posted in this thread. They are located in Lahore, Lahore is about 5 hours via Motorway from Islamabad.

It was Sunday so no crowd otherwise it is hard to walk in the street. This area is also known as ancient walled city of Lahore.
576159566_z3SHu-L.jpg

I reached Lahore before sunrise so i had special Lahore Breakfast called "Halwa Poori" it is my favorite breakfast.

576158990_HiegP-L.jpg

Deep frying Poories

576159299_2j254-L.jpg

Jug of Lassi, a special drink popular in Pakistan. It is yogurt Shake with salt or sugar i cannot live without it especially in summers.

576159163_oRehA-L.jpg

Making of Lassi. It is interesting to know even ingredients used are very common but still everyone cannot make it with such a great taste.

576167493_vXB2q-L.jpg

Mirror

576172494_e4SwB-L.jpg

Bro and Sister were playing in street and asked me for a photo. To bad it came out blur :cry

576165956_anWuo-L.jpg

576162192_yekxW-L.jpg

Lahoe is known for its lively and loving people. And they love to pose for Camera :D
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    For me, it's a good window into a far away place. That last shot (and probably the first) would be improved with better contrast (and then it will also need enhanced color).

576224000_oMDbB-L.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Awais,

While I freely admit that I just don't get street photography, I always seem to enjoy yours thumb.gif

Given some of the strong comments on some post lately, I've started looking at street/PJ post, looking at the photos first, then reading the info usually accompanying each, to see if I originally got out of the photo what the words then say. Yours seem to match up pretty well. Not that I would get the "details" exactly, but the general gist.

I agree with Rutt. Your shots give me a window of a another part of the world that I'll likely never witness first-hand.

Thanks for posting these.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2009
    Thanks Rutt and Randy for kind words

Rutt it surly needs a contrast boost ! thanks for showing the difference i will do that thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Well Awais that #1 is my favorite. I like it without sat. The sat might undermine the smog which is part of the soul of the picture.

I too, am a kid at the window with rutt & rwells.

Thanks for the post.

Rags
    Rags
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Well Awais that #1 is my favorite. I like it without sat. The sat might undermine the smog which is part of the soul of the picture.

I too, am a kid at the window with rutt & rwells.

Thanks for the post.

Rags

Hello
    Thanks a lot Rags ! thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Very interesting photos. Nice look through the viewfinder into another culture.
  • Options
    MeefZahMeefZah Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 4, 2009
    I like the last one, as you shot it, unretouched. thumb.gif
  • Options
    PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2009
    Awais...these photos are great! I think your original (last photo) has more feeling in it than the added contrast...I can almost smell the Halwa Poori being made in the street...the contrast shot takes that feeling away...does that make sense?

Anyway, well done! By the way, what is Halwa Poori made of? It looks really good!

Thanks for sharing.

Robyn
    Robyn T. Lisone
    MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
    MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 4, 2009
    Excellent series, Awais! This is what I've been hoping you'd post. Absolutely fascinating. clap.gif Can wait to see more scenes from your corner of the word. thumb.gif

-joel
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2009
    Punkybeth wrote:
    Awais...these photos are great! I think your original (last photo) has more feeling in it than the added contrast...I can almost smell the Halwa Poori being made in the street...the contrast shot takes that feeling away...does that make sense?

Anyway, well done! By the way, what is Halwa Poori made of? It looks really good!

Thanks for sharing.

Robyn

Robyn read my mind, I was going to post the same thing.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2009

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Excellent series, Awais! This is what I've been hoping you'd post. Absolutely fascinating. clap.gif Can wait to see more scenes from your corner of the word. thumb.gif

-joel

Thanks Joel, i myself love to explore this side of Pakistan. It is full of love and taste, but unfortunately due to sick situation my dad want me to stay in house :cry.

My Gallery
  • Options
    PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2009

Thanks Awais...looks delicious! I might have to try these recipes.
    Robyn T. Lisone
    MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
    MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+

• Options
    edited July 4, 2009
    Punkybeth wrote:
    Thanks Awais...looks delicious! I might have to try these recipes.

No problem, go on try that, and invite me too thumb.gif

My Gallery