Options

City Lighthouse

South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited July 5, 2009 in Journeys
So there's this person "Pat" who posts a little weather synopsis every day along with a photo looking outside his/her window of the local marina and its lighthouse on our system BBS. Generally I bypass it, but for whatever reason I got to thinking last night that I hadn't been by there in some time. So this morning I packed up my gear and rounded up my boys and went for a little drive. Hard to get a good angle of this thing because of the layout of the road beside it, but I did my best.

Let me know what you think...

581123737_3XSnH-XL.jpg

Thanks,

Rob
Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

Pentax K1000 | M28mm F2.8 | M50mm F2 | Takumar Bayonet 135mm F2.5

www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    South Shore Snapshots, I like this picture a lot, However there is a few things I don't like about it.

1.The background has a bit of a clutter feel to it "too many boats in the marina"

2. I like your rules of thirds, even though the light house is on slightly on the left side of the picture.

3. I like how you captured the storm rolling in.

Keep up the good work mate.
  • Options
    South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    South Shore Snapshots, I like this picture a lot, However there is a few things I don't like about it.

1.The background has a bit of a clutter feel to it "too many boats in the marina"

2. I like your rules of thirds, even though the light house is on slightly on the left side of the picture.

3. I like how you captured the storm rolling in.

Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks for the C&C. I agree about the boats in the background, I couldn't get too much of an angle to improve on that however as I would have been completely in the street getting run over, lol.
    Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

Pentax K1000 | M28mm F2.8 | M50mm F2 | Takumar Bayonet 135mm F2.5

www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com
  • Options
    RaymondPhotosRaymondPhotos Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    My two cents: I would clone or crop out the portion of the tree on the right side. It is a little distracting.

Good work though. I like the overall composition.