Options

S*E: new version 124 uploaded

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
It's been a while since I made any changes..
Yosemity, car troubles, new PS CS2, tons of post-processing..
All that kinda gave a little chance to step away from development.

Since a lot of new users experienced the same troubles (Windows often saves license starexplorer.ldf file as starexplorer.ldf.txt and it's hard to tell if it did), I finally made the change to the registration logic to accept this file name, too. Hopefully this would lower the amount of frustration and number of techsupport calls (it was not a lot, but it was enough that I got worried:-)

Also dblclick on the album would now open it online:-)

Thank you for your interest in S*E!

Cheers!:1drink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Oh, missed this thread. Much better than the overcrowded collection thread.
    Discovered a possible bug. Now that I'm able to upload mpg-videos and they can't take IPTC-info I added a description and a keyword manually with S*E.
    The description made it online in SM, but not the keyword.

Can you reproduce this? Tell me when you need more info on this one.

Missed you're weekly releases...good to have you back! clap.gif
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2005
    It's not a bug...
    Oh, missed this thread. Much better than the overcrowded collection thread.
    Discovered a possible bug. Now that I'm able to upload mpg-videos and they can't take IPTC-info I added a description and a keyword manually with S*E.
    The description made it online in SM, but not the keyword.

Can you reproduce this? Tell me when you need more info on this one.

Missed you're weekly releases...good to have you back! clap.gif
    Sebastian
    It's a feature I put in long time ago when I was expanding UI to accomodate for EXIF/IPTC hoping that API would follow.. However, until this time the upload method does not support the keywords, so it's kinda there, but not doing anything.. Maybe when Don has more time...ne_nau.gif

Cheers, mate!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    It's a feature I put in long time ago when I was expanding UI to accomodate for EXIF/IPTC hoping that API would follow.. However, until this time the upload method does not support the keywords, so it's kinda there, but not doing anything.. Maybe when Don has more time...ne_nau.gif
    Thanks for the info. It's good to know that it's not a bug. Maybe you should temporarily disable the keyword function in S*E or at least inform the user about that it'll probably not working.
    Saves you possibly some support time when somebody tried using it for a batch of a couple of thousand shots and is now wondering why it didn't work after the batch was done....you get the idea. mwink.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2005
    So far
    Thanks for the info. It's good to know that it's not a bug. Maybe you should temporarily disable the keyword function in S*E or at least inform the user about that it'll probably not working.
    Saves you possibly some support time when somebody tried using it for a batch of a couple of thousand shots and is now wondering why it didn't work after the batch was done....you get the idea. mwink.gif

Sebastian
    You were the only person who noticed this.. prolly nobody used it.. :D
    Besides, I hope that maybe this ruckus would inspire Don to add keywords support to upload API:-).. Just one optional struct item - no harm..
  • Options
    eugeneeugene Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Besides, I hope that maybe this ruckus would inspire Don to add keywords support to upload API:-).. Just one optional struct item - no harm..
    I noticed that problem myself, thought it was kind of odd, attributed it to *user* error :).
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:

Sorry Nik, not gonna happen. It's not naturally a part of the upload process, so it doesn't really belong here.

You get an ImageID back, so just do a changeSettings on it or whatever.

Don
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2005
    The Gods have spoken..
    onethumb wrote:
    Sorry Nik, not gonna happen. It's not naturally a part of the upload process, so it doesn't really belong here.

You get an ImageID back, so just do a changeSettings on it or whatever.

Don
    Thanks for getting back on this one, Don!

I guess I'll disable/hide the box (at leas for now..)
    Making another call would slow the upload process dramatically...
    Sorry everybody!ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks for getting back on this one, Don!

I guess I'll disable/hide the box (at leas for now..)
    Making another call would slow the upload process dramatically...
    Sorry everybody!ne_nau.gif
    I'm all for making an additional optional call. I use this option in only a few cases, but when I need it it's 100 times more efficient than doing it manual by going to the gallery and click on bulk keywording....load all the thumbnail...enter the data...
    You could even state that it will dramaticly slow down the process, but I really like to have it. clap.gif

Only when it's not that much work, of course.

Thanks Nik!
    All the best,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2005
    OK, I'll see what I can do...
    I'm all for making an additional optional call. I use this option in only a few cases, but when I need it it's 100 times more efficient than doing it manual by going to the gallery and click on bulk keywording....load all the thumbnail...enter the data...
    You could even state that it will dramaticly slow down the process, but I really like to have it. clap.gif

Only when it's not that much work, of course.

Thanks Nik!
    All the best,
    Sebastian
    I guess I need to get back to the workshop, eh.. Man, I haven't processed even 25% of my smugmug trip. Solvang, Big Sur, Carmel, SF - all those beautifull pictures sitting there waiting to be touched by CS2.. Darn, never enough time..
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2005
    Great! Thanks Nik for looking into it. Take your time, no need to rush things...the actual version is running rock-solid! thumb.gif

All the best,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2005
    Re: "version is running rock-solid!"
    Great! Thanks Nik for looking into it. Take your time, no need to rush things...the actual version is running rock-solid! thumb.gif

All the best,
    Sebastian
    Thanks, that's prolly is the result of *not* having weekly (aka weakly:-) releasesrolleyes1.gif

I might have something over this coming weekend, stay tunedthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks, that's prolly is the result of *not* having weekly (aka weakly:-) releasesrolleyes1.gif

I might have something over this coming weekend, stay tunedthumb.gif
    But still you managed to get all bugs out of it before leaving for Yosemite. mwink.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2005
    I wish it was true...
    But still you managed to get all bugs out of it before leaving for Yosemite. mwink.gif
    There is a couple of them still lurking around (though nothing vital or even worth looking for them).

Anyway - good thing is that S*E is getting closer to it's 20K hits anniversary:-)
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2005
    typo and possible bug
    Hi Nikolai,

I just created a new daily photo album for June and saw the typo on the customization (this very word) message box. No biggie...just wanted to inform you.
    23693178-L.gif

When I clicked on yes my browser poped up, but the config-page of the album wasn't loaded. Before I created to other albums in batch for which I opened the config-page by hand.
    Can you reproduce this?

Another little thing concerning continuity: You named everything "album", but for the customization page it is named "customize gallery". I guess you copied this directly from SM, because they named everything "gallery".
    It might confuse new users. Maybe it's better to change it all to album or gallery.

Nothing big, but I wanted to mention it.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    A bug I've noticed is that when I create a new album, it used to show the new album in my list where I made it... now I have to go on get albums for it to appear after I make it. Kind of odd... but yeah, used to show up after I made it, now it doesn't.