Options

Nam & Meng's wedding in Oahu, Hawaii

kwaichikwaichi Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited July 8, 2009 in Weddings
These are the before, during, and after the wedding......enjoy. C&C are welcome :thumb

1. Scouting the area for the wedding..
568044954_fwVUt-M.jpg

568045159_NdsBn-M.jpg

3. Nervous?
568074758_2GbQM-M.jpg

4. The wedding dress & shoes..
568076942_qe6m2-M.jpg

5. The rings..
568078933_3RZ8L-M.jpg

6. Writing a card to her husband..
568083164_N6wTU-M.jpg

7. Getting closer...
568083462_ufSMP-M.jpg

8. Flowers used for the ceremony
568084619_9DsbH-M.jpg

9. Close-up before taking off to the ceremony
568104168_c4sBP-M.jpg

10. On the way...
568104523_e2fNr-M.jpg

11. The guitarist......forgot his name....sorry
568106411_mHfyd-M.jpg

568110084_NfNbn-M.jpg

13. During the ceremony before the ring exchange
568123372_MVKEx-M.jpg

14. Exchanging the ring.....
568126301_oAAon-M.jpg

15. The first kiss....
568128766_azoK3-M.jpg

16. on the ground
568131373_Yjfkm-M.jpg

17. Walking on the beach
568134150_jyaEZ-M.jpg

18. Another kiss......
568134306_KsCq8-M.jpg

19. In the water.......(me too)
568139361_9DvvQ-M.jpg

20. The first dance
568163919_sHKut-M.jpg

21. Me and the bride
568167474_6cSSg-M.jpg

22. What you call that again? Luau?
568179468_9auvt-M.jpg

23. The wedding cake
568183312_MZ2Pt-M.jpg

24. Proof of Hawaii........lol
569386613_Fknvq-M.jpg

:rofl

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    awesome set! really well done!clap.gifclap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    nice stuff. Love that sky... wow! I like 6, 12 and 19 the best. I would have liked to see some wider crops and some shots without the subject centered. Maybe bring that sky into your service and posed shots a bit more. A little bit of fill on the beach shots would have been good too.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Love that first one... perfect! thumb.gif

#6 is very special. Really like it.

Your exposures are nice and you can't beat the beauty! (bride and backdrop)

One thing you might watch for is the majority of them are tilted to the left. It is easy to get into that habit... and harder to break. It feels artsy at the time, but pretty soon it becomes cheezy. I am a big fan of a nice tilt every now and again... but 14 out of 20 is a bit much.

Well done! Next time let me come too! I could use a trip to Hawaii!
  • Options
    MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    wow... incredible perspective!!! you are very talented indeed! I love the fire twirling... so cool!!
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    I really like #13-- how you captured the sky and movement in her dress
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    awesome set! really well done!clap.gifclap.gif

thanks qarik wings.gif
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    mmmatt wrote:
    nice stuff. Love that sky... wow! I like 6, 12 and 19 the best. I would have liked to see some wider crops and some shots without the subject centered. Maybe bring that sky into your service and posed shots a bit more. A little bit of fill on the beach shots would have been good too.

Matt

Thanks Matt for your comments. I do have more shots with the sky on my website. http://www.studioefresno.com/gallery/8611433_FtbK5#568034924_USAgm
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    Love that first one... perfect! thumb.gif

#6 is very special. Really like it.

Your exposures are nice and you can't beat the beauty! (bride and backdrop)

One thing you might watch for is the majority of them are tilted to the left. It is easy to get into that habit... and harder to break. It feels artsy at the time, but pretty soon it becomes cheezy. I am a big fan of a nice tilt every now and again... but 14 out of 20 is a bit much.

Well done! Next time let me come too! I could use a trip to Hawaii!

Thanks Heather. It was really nice there. Now you mentioned I did notice the one I post was tilted. I will make sure I correct that from now on...
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    wow... incredible perspective!!! you are very talented indeed! I love the fire twirling... so cool!!

Thank you MISSBrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    I really like #13-- how you captured the sky and movement in her dress

Thanks Lisa. I was scouting the area the day before so I knew it's gonna be windy plus it was raining a little in the morning right before the ceremony that's why it was a little more cloudy. I was just shooting and then wait for the perfect moment. Sometimes luck is part of the key to it too.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    Wow this is unbelievable.....I was meeting with the bride earlier today to present the photos to her. She loves them. There was a videographer there at the wedding so I asked her how the video came out? She told me she just watched the one on his site and it was ok....then here's what happened next. She showed me the site to check it out and we noticed that the videographer was talking bad about her wedding and also me being not professional at all. Don't get me wrong, I am not a professional yet but this was not my first wedding. All he said was so negative there. He was saying that he could take better photos with his canon G10 compare to the pro dslr. He was there doing the snapshots.....

this is his link.........http://dreamweddingshawaii.com/

Be honest, is it me being to sensitive or is it really him talking bad about other people to make himself look good. Please take a look of the website and let me know if I took the message wrong. I really appreciate that.

Thanks,
    Edward
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    kwaichi wrote:
    Wow this is unbelievable.....I was meeting with the bride earlier today to present the photos to her. She loves them. There was a videographer there at the wedding so I asked her how the video came out? She told me she just watched the one on his site and it was ok....then here's what happened next. She showed me the site to check it out and we noticed that the videographer was talking bad about her wedding and also me being not professional at all. Don't get me wrong, I am not a professional yet but this was not my first wedding. All he said was so negative there. He was saying that he could take better photos with his canon G10 compare to the pro dslr. He was there doing the snapshots.....

this is his link.........http://dreamweddingshawaii.com/

Be honest, is it me being to sensitive or is it really him talking bad about other people to make himself look good. Please take a look of the website and let me know if I took the message wrong. I really appreciate that.

What I think is that your photographs....and obvious skill...stand well on their own.

...as for what he wrote....to me it comes off more as self promotion (though a bit prima dona - ish). I wouldn't take it to heart....the self indulgence should be obvious enough for anyone reading that. Maybe the blog post title should be..."Me, Me, Me!!!"

Seriously...you did fine...and better than many "pros" might have done.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    What I think is that your photographs....and obvious skill...stand well on their own.

...as for what he wrote....to me it comes off more as self promotion (though a bit prima dona - ish). I wouldn't take it to heart....the self indulgence should be obvious enough for anyone reading that. Maybe the blog post title should be..."Me, Me, Me!!!"

Seriously...you did fine...and better than many "pros" might have done.

Thanks Jeff.........I just think that what he wrote on his web was so not professional. Because he wasn't just talking bad about me but the couples and the wedding too. Anyways, I am really trying to improve my skills towards a higher level. Please take a look at my album and let me know what I can do to become better. http://www.studioefresno.com/gallery...68034924_USAgm

I appreciate your feedback thumb.gif

Thanks,
    Edward
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    unprofessional professional
    I totally agree-- it was his attitude and not your photos that were unprofessional. I think it's likely that potential clients will check out his blog and get that "me, me, me" impression of him as well, not so good for him
    --Lisa
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    kwaichi wrote:
    Thanks Jeff.........I just think that what he wrote on his web was so not professional. Because he wasn't just talking bad about me but the couples and the wedding too. Anyways, I am really trying to improve my skills towards a higher level. Please take a look at my album and let me know what I can do to become better. http://www.studioefresno.com/gallery...68034924_USAgm

Thanks,
    Edward

No...not professional at all, and something I would avoid on my own blog professional or not.

FWIW, it's also worth noting that a google search for a name or business name that we also use on Dgrin will return links to dgrin posts....so....be wary also of what you might say about clients and others on Dgrin.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    kwaichi wrote:

Thanks,
    Edward

readint that blog I wouldn't hire the guy..very unprofessional.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    No...not professional at all, and something I would avoid on my own blog professional or not.

FWIW, it's also worth noting that a google search for a name or business name that we also use on Dgrin will return links to dgrin posts....so....be wary also of what you might say about clients and others on Dgrin.

thanks for the advice. I will be more aware of that thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    readint that blog I wouldn't hire the guy..very unprofessional.

I know Qarik......When my client showed me the blog I was like.......wow......how could he do that. But anyways, he's nobody to me. I can just wish him luck on his business. That's all.