Options

Unable to access password protected gallery

caseservecaseserve Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited June 1, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hello all,
I did a paid shoot the other day and provided a password to the customer. She gave the password to other people to access the gallery. She is able to access the password, I can as well but the other people cannot access it.

Anybody have any suggestions that I can pass along. I'm wondering if cookies are required to login to a password protected gallery?

Thanks,

JCase

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hi JCase,

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that accessing password-protected galleries is a problem.

Usually, when that happens it has to do with custom hostnames and how you set up the URL. For example, someone who came to yournickname.smugmug.com would not have a problem, but someone who went to yourhostname.com would if you used what is usually referred to as URL forwarding.

If that's the case, let us know and we'll give more info.

Most people have cookies enabled, but if they don't:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/cookies

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Options
    caseservecaseserve Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hmmm I do have a frame on my website that loads the smugmug site. Which so far has been working fine. The customer I referred to also loaded my site and logged in via the frameset without a problem. That is why I was wondering if it was related to cookies.

I would be interested in more information about the redirect you mentioned, I may go ahead with the official redirect but I have questions how it will affect my currently hosted domain.

Thanks again.