Shot at high seven

mutineermutineer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited May 2, 2004 in People
No, not a camera setting, the station on a skeet range.
My brother took the shot with a P&S digital.
This is the cropped version.

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited May 1, 2004
    mutineer wrote:
    No, not a camera setting, the station on a skeet range.
    My brother took the shot with a P&S digital.
    This is the cropped version.
    Not sure if I'm seeing the right thing...but it looks like your bro-ham
    got the plug leaving the barrel and the ejecting casing?

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • mutineermutineer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2004
    yeah he caught the casing, but the end of the barrel has an extended choke so no wad, there are a couple more with casings/smoke. Part of what we were trying to do was see how fast the Casio QVR40 would capture since thst was a msjor advertising point - seems to do well
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited May 1, 2004
    mutineer wrote:
    yeah he caught the casing, but the end of the barrel has an extended choke so no wad, there are a couple more with casings/smoke. Part of what we were trying to do was see how fast the Casio QVR40 would capture since thst was a msjor advertising point - seems to do well
    Nice.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2004
    Sweet scattergun, mute! Which shoulder did you hurt? How long until you can shoot it again?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • mutineermutineer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2004
    the right shoulder of course - so no time with the Beretta 391 (adjustable comb an full set of extended tubes, I love that gun) for quite awhile.

I was using some downtime to organize the photos (set up the mouse for left handed use) and am trying to figure out how to hold a camera with with the weak arm. Figure I can use my "low impact activity" time to work on some photography.

there are some more photos from that day I will reduce and put up later. Kind of interesting stuff from a technical viewpoint but not much there compositionally.

Just some fun shots.

Here is one of my little brother (empty gun, action open)

Kind of an arresting photo, no. Focused on his eyes so the barrel is a little out of focus

I have another one of me that I may post in Dizave's thread on safe places to take pictures from