Options

WTB: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 for Canon

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited July 10, 2009 in House of Canon
Hey everyone,

My father-in-law wants to get a new lens, and we are looking for a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 for him. If any of you are selling one, please let me know so I can coordinate that with him. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    What about Canon 2.8 non IS?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    Hey everyone,

My father-in-law wants to get a new lens, and we are looking for a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 for him. If any of you are selling one, please let me know so I can coordinate that with him. Thanks!

only a mere 799 at B/H :D:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 5, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    We are well aware of the price new, but want to purchase used to stay in his budget. Same reason why the canon version is not an option
  • Options
    SteveSSteveS Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    We are well aware of the price new, but want to purchase used to stay in his budget. Same reason why the canon version is not an option

Pm was sent
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    SteveS wrote:
    Pm was sent

Still looking, wasn't offering the item I was looking for.
  • Options
    XSP/TonypXSP/Tonyp Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Shima,
    I have a nice clean Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 HSM EX APO for canon EF mount. Comes with caps, metal hood and Sigma carrying case.
    Are you still searching, if so what are you wanting to spend?

tony P
    Tonyp884ATcarolinaDOTrrDOTcom
    Shima wrote:
    Hey everyone,

• Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    XSP/Tonyp wrote:
    Shima,
    I have a nice clean Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 HSM EX APO for canon EF mount. Comes with caps, metal hood and Sigma carrying case.
    Are you still searching, if so what are you wanting to spend?

tony P

He is looking to spend no more than 600 with shipping included in that price. I did a bunch of searching on dgrin and fred miranda and that was the average used price between the two forums.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2009
    Sigma 70-200 f/2.8
    I have a pretty nice Sigma Series I 70-200 HSM IF EX non Macro lens and I would ship it for $550.
    Let me know, I can e-mail photos of the lens as well as photos taken with the lens if you'd like. I have the original carrying case, kinda of a hard soft case with strap, but no owners manual or box. Although it has had a nice UV filter on it since day one, I am not including the filter. I buy really nice filters and like to keep them. The lens is every bit as sharp as my Canon 70-210 f/4.0

thanks, Tony P
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    SOLD!
    XSP/Tonyp wrote:
    I have a pretty nice Sigma Series I 70-200 HSM IF EX non Macro lens and I would ship it for $550.
    Let me know, I can e-mail photos of the lens as well as photos taken with the lens if you'd like. I have the original carrying case, kinda of a hard soft case with strap, but no owners manual or box. Although it has had a nice UV filter on it since day one, I am not including the filter. I buy really nice filters and like to keep them. The lens is every bit as sharp as my Canon 70-210 f/4.0

thanks, Tony P
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2009
    Still looking.
  • Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    Still looking.

Adarama has one for 574

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20343737.html
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2009
    unclejon wrote:

Thanks, forwarding that link on to my father-in-law, we'll see if he goes with it or not when he gets a chance to review it later.