Options

DSS 29 and some trance

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited July 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have been having a rough couple of weeks physically so a few of the big ideas are still waiting to get done, but I have gone out and done a few for this contest:

For the Trance:

Sun is coming out - Ayla

587419492_xfSBz-O.jpg

Now some more "industrial" style music
Ripe [With Decay] - Nine Inch Nails

583975335_kS7Fm-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    The first one is ok, but perhaps work with different crops and I can't decide if I like the vignette or not.

The second one "opens up all kinds of possibilities" for a strong entry. However, when I consider your title, I think of rotting fruit because of the ripe in the title. The leaves are too dry, you need both decay and ripeness..

Some examples

http://www.staddonfamily.com/wp-content/photos/Black_Bananas.JPG

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1606/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1606-32710.jpg

Especially the apples, they brown up and start to decay real quick once punctured or smashed. Bananas too, if you stick them in a brown paper bag and even more so if you buy them at the store already browning.

If it were me, I would shoot rotting fruit as an HDR to really give it a disgusting impact, it would make for a powerful entry, and I really think you nail the title of the song with this one... Nice choice..thumb.gif

Kat
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Summertime - Sublime

590981131_NHL8j-O.jpg

Opps I forgot to post these here

Sunset Beach - DJ Tatana

583644592_vjyLc-O.jpg

583644594_T6wzD-O.jpg

583644612_NWLxZ-O.jpg
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Ooooo....I like Summertime. thumb.gif Those backlit clouds and silhouettes really pull me into it. The only thing I'd change on the photo is the crop: I'd crop some of the black space from the bottom.

On your last photo, is that couple with the baby walking on a boardwalk? If so, you have another possibility for a shot (if you'd like to try it) with "Under the Boardwalk" as the song title.
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    I agree with Linda. Out of the new set you posted, the summertime is the strongest one. A nice shot...:D

However, I think you should still give the rotting fruit a shot... Maybe that is just me because I favor "impact" and these above are not holding that yet... They are nice shots and fit the titles, but they are the type of shots that will get looked over and passed by at this point because they are not giving us "impact"...mwink.gif

I am assuming you already know this by the judge's comments on your last entry. They love impact, and your last entry was both creative and packed a visual punch.mwink.gif

If you do use one of these, then I would work to give it some impact by working with the color, saturation, levels and or curves.

Again, I agree with Linda on the Sublime shot because the sky is on its way to packing a punch, but needs a little more adjusting.

I say keep at it, and add to these shots as options. There is still plenty of time.
    I saw your post over in journeys and you have a masterful eye for perspective and impact in your shots. thumb.gifD

Kat