Options

DEAL: New Battery Website

JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
edited July 12, 2009 in Flea Market
We just launched a new website for one of our clients, Complete Battery Source. They have been in business for over 18 years and have 6 store locations in Michigan. Their old website did not really have the ability to sell their batteries online. They carry almost every battery known to man including almost every battery for every camera. Digital Camera Batteries found here: http://www.completebatterysource.com/digital-camera-batteries.html.

Please let me know what you think of the site, and even more importantly, what you think of their pricing and selection of camera batteries.

I will talk to them about offering a special discount to Dgrinners.

Your thoughts/comments/suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Jim
Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos

Comments

• Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Please let me know what you think of the site ...
    The site is OK, but response seems sluggish. I'm accessing it from California, via a T1 (or better) link, so bandwidth on this end isn't an issue. Maybe your posting here on DGrin caused the vendor's site to be swamped with traffic? :D

The site is awkward to navigate. The first thing I looked for is replacement batteries for my Canon dSLR. But there's no obvious way to have the site show all batteries that work for a particular model of dSLR. The list of "MFR"s down the left-hand column is misleading -- I don't want to shop by brands of battery (that is, I'm not looking for a Canon-brand battery), I want to shop by the device for which I need batteries. It looks like there is no option for that ... although playing with it reveals that the column is mis-labelled -- "MFR" doesn't really mean the battery manufacturer, it means the device manufacturer. It would be very helpful to label that list of manufacturers more carefully. (I almost gave up without even trying that list)

I searched for "40D" and all it gave me was a list of Makita batteries which will certainly not fit in my Canon 40D ;-).

I eventually tried searching for "BP-511" and had mild success.

... and even more importantly, what you think of their pricing and selection of camera batteries.
    Hmm, well, you asked ... At least for BP-511A replacements, this site's prices are very high -- $29.95 to $36.95, only about half off of Canon list prices. I've been buying non-OEM BP-511A replacements for around $10 each for years (and every last one of them is still working).

I will talk to them about offering a special discount to Dgrinners.
    That's always a nice idea! :D
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    Thank you!
    Thank you so much, this is exactly the information I am looking for. At the end of the day, the key is to build the site so the customer can find exactly what they are looking for. All customers are different and shop differently, so a different perspective is fantastic!!!

We'll work through everything you have posted here, again I can't thank you enough!!!
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2009
    We have made most of your suggestions to the site now. Still working on the 40D search itself, and that will be made shortly. After speaking with the client, I don't think we'll be able to be the lowest price on the Internet. Something about quality and warranty, but we will be updating the price to be more competitive.

Again, thank you so much (I sent you a PM to get your address, as our client would like to send you some thank you batteries)!

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    Where's the deal? ne_nau.gif I think the thread is mislabeled.
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    Where's the deal? ne_nau.gif I think the thread is mislabeled.

Sorry, the moderators asked me to qualify it like that. I am working on getting a special discount code for dgrinners though!