Options

Allen and Jessica Garcia Wedding

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited July 13, 2009 in Weddings
This wedding took place in Mesa, Arizona outside/inside a castle. Unfortunately I wasn't the hired photographer... I was the groom's cousin sitting in the crowd shooting over the tops of heads!

Regardless I feel as though I caught some touching moments and overall I think they'll be satisfied with the pictures they're getting for free. :rolleyes ... maybe ... :wink And because I didn't get paid, these don't get full PP treatment because I'm stuck-up like that.

This is the main reason why I went out west traveling the giant rocks of the deserts, I guess the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas and California were just side attractions. :huh

Here's the Schenck family (Pronounced like skank... I know, I hate my mom for her maiden name and make fun of her on a daily basis because of it). This is the same pose that the PAID photographer used, I didn't feel like changing it up and wasting time... plus there isn't a whole lot you can do with 21 people all wearing dress clothes they can't get dirty.

1. The Entire Family...
586897040_Qxyda-L.jpg

2. The Waymire family (Mother's Sister)
586847966_iCxgQ-L.jpg

3. The Schenck Family (Mother's Youngest Brother) with creepy fountain man spitting at them...
586845484_ARAvF-L.jpg

4. Going into the Castle were these gigantic wooden doors...
586846672_KUwQD-L.jpg

5. There was a sweet fountain behind the "alter"
586682120_ypuY5-L.jpg

6. The alter from the crowd's perspective
586711475_ZMjbk-L.jpg

7. The groom patiently waiting
586848443_oJCBL-L.jpg

8. The bride gracefully walking with her father
586906022_2MRp8-L.jpg

9. The bridesmaids had chilled butterflies on their flowers, this one got excited :wink
586668307_UYXoa-L.jpg

10. The hired :click
586709227_sT8zK-M.jpg

11. The kiss and release of two boxes full of butterflies (the bride has a thing for them I guess)
586845320_oP5cZ-L.jpg

12. The cake
586706966_YrfLu-L.jpg

13. The cut
586706214_tWuEN-L.jpg

14. The mess
586705798_YTmG5-L.jpg

15. The entertainment - Groom serenading his wife with joyous songs.
586704523_HCgUY-L.jpg

16. The cuteness
586710130_tUEWX-L.jpg

The end... lots of pictures, but you people like pictures for some odd reason? I haven't the slightest clue as to why? :rofl
Jer

Comments

• Options
    edited July 13, 2009
    hmmm... 75 views 4 days (coming on 5) and no comments :cry Everyone that I've shown this too loves number 11... but they're not the dgrin community ne_nau.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    #11 IS nice.

Don't be upset by the lack of comments... it is wedding season and we are all wedding photographers and therefore extremely busy.

Looks like an interesting venue...

One thing is that you never asked for any comments OR critique... so not to step on any toes...... they might prefer to be silent.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2009
    #11 IS nice.

Don't be upset by the lack of comments... it is wedding season and we are all wedding photographers and therefore extremely busy.

Looks like an interesting venue...

One thing is that you never asked for any comments OR critique... so not to step on any toes...... they might prefer to be silent.
    Thanks Heather.

They're not the greatest shots, but I wasn't really trying because A. I wasn't getting paid, and B. it was 110 degrees and I was in a full out suit. Not the smartest attire.

And, yes I understand its wedding season... but I mean, come on! I see pretty much all of you guys that have weddings every week on here posting still? you can't be tied up THAT much. But yeah, I guess I did forget to ask for critique. headscratch.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Quick and dirty critique...:D

#3 appears to have been shot at too wode a focal length. The distortion is odd. Many of the images appear soft. Those shot indoors would benifit from a white balance correction, and also appear underexposed.

...and Heather said it well... be patient. Many folks like to have several looks before commiting their thoughts.....and it's true that this IS the busy season.
  • Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    How old are they? Cause they look 15-17
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2009
    The Mack wrote:
    How old are they? Cause they look 15-17

23'ish... I know, my cousin looks like a teenager he has always looked really young.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Quick and dirty critique...:D

#3 appears to have been shot at too wode a focal length. The distortion is odd. Many of the images appear soft. Those shot indoors would benifit from a white balance correction, and also appear underexposed.
    The too wide of focal length is what I wanted for this picture. I wanted that "fish-eye" look even though I was using a 17-55mm lens.

The softness has been corrected. I thought it was bad glass, but I microadjusted my lenses finally... The 17-55mm was -8 off. So that should be fixed now!

Regarding the white balance, I had it adjusted in LR2, but when I exported it didn't keep the white balance settings or the crops I had ne_nau.gif ... so when I have time tonight I'm going to be updating them with corrected ones.

I am being patient, I was just bumping it up in case people didn't notice it... and look, now they are commenting! mwink.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    [QUOTE=They're not the greatest shots, but I wasn't really trying because A. I wasn't getting paid...[/QUOTE]

seriously..that is when you should be doing your best stuff. no pressure or expectations.clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    IMO 11 is the coolest-- great shot!
    Lisa
    My Website