Options

Different gallery sizes for different audiences

ggeinecggeinec Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited July 14, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I think I am about to begin a trial of Smugmug.

I have a rather large collection of photos (540) from a trip that I would like to display as three sets. The first set will be the smallest and open to the widest audience, the second set will include the first set and will be available to a smaller audience, and the third set will include the first and second sets and will be available to the smallest audience.

I'm thinking of using three clickable photo links to galleries with one link pointing to just the first set, one pointing to the first and second sets and one pointing to all three sets. I expect the second two links would be password protected.

Can I do this easily at Smugmug? Or is there a better way to do this?

Also, will Smugmug allow me to arrange photos in my galleries in the order that I want to display them?

Thanks!

George

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    ggeinec wrote:
    I think I am about to begin a trial of Smugmug.

I have a rather large collection of photos (540) from a trip that I would like to display as three sets. The first set will be the smallest and open to the widest audience, the second set will include the first set and will be available to a smaller audience, and the third set will include the first and second sets and will be available to the smallest audience.

I'm thinking of using three clickable photo links to galleries with one link pointing to just the first set, one pointing to the first and second sets and one pointing to all three sets. I expect the second two links would be password protected.

Can I do this easily at Smugmug? Or is there a better way to do this?

Also, will Smugmug allow me to arrange photos in my galleries in the order that I want to display them?

Thanks!

George
    You can just upload the images multiple times into three galleries and then password protected two of galleries. Smugmug has unlimited storage so the space it takes is of no consequence to you. Yes, you can arrange images in the order you want in the galleries.

It's probably easiest for you to just start a free trial and explore what is there.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    BradJudyBradJudy Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    One of the highly desired features on the request list is "virtual galleries" which would allow you to upload photos once and then create multiple different galleries that include different combinations of the photos.

I'm looking forward to this feature for similar reasons to what you mentioned.
  • Options
    ggeinecggeinec Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Could this possibly be handled with categories? Say, split all the photos among three galleries, then have three categories, one category that includes one gallery, another category that includes two galleries and a third category that includes all three galleries? Thanks!
  • Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Each gallery can only be in one category.

It is possible, though to create gallery redirects, which would achieve the same effect.