Options

Nastya

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited June 3, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Running risk of being putted to lunatic asylum (who else make photos and present them without payment to unknown people) I continue my portraits learning and training.
He is Nasya.
2389.jpg
2392.jpg
2393.jpg
and, please, send me your opinion which one's better of these two:
2391.jpg
or b&w
2390.jpg
Spasibo for your comments and critique - they realy help me a lot to make better and better portraits...
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    G'day Yuri,

Outstanding, as usuall....:D I much prefer the colour version, the b&w is a little on the scareu side for my liking (but a good photo none the less).
    When the photos first loaded to likeness to Meg Ryan hit me straight away...anybody else notice this or is it just me?

Enjoy your portraits Yuri...keep up the good work.

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Options
    JazzyJakJazzyJak Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    These are great, I think your portraiture is coming along all right Yuri. That first one just about knocked me out of my chair, her expression is so mischievous. And I also like the color version, the eyes in the B&W are just too intense for me. How do you find these girls?
    Diving headfirst into photography!
    www.cloningerimagery.com
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Yuri
    I am quite sure she will be very happy with these thumb.gif
    Good job as always

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    I agree, the color shot is much more flattering. Thanks for sharing your amazing shots Yuri.. it is always a pleasure to comment.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 1, 2005
    beautiful as always. I like #2 best.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Yuri,
    I like #3 and #4.
    #5 has a certain vampirish look..

I was hesitating to say that for quite some time, but finally decided to come out of the closet...:-)
    It seems that your latest portraits are mostly overexposed. You used to have very nice reach color and high dynamic range, but recently most of those pictures seem a bit flat.. Intention? Change in a workflow? High-key trend?ne_nau.gif

This is, of course, only my personal opinion and only because you've asked..

Love your work!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Awesome stuff Yuri! I like #3 the best, and as for the difference between the last two, the color one looks better to me. Keep them coming! thumb.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    JubbaKingJubbaKing Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Yuri, these are very nice. I like #3 a lot for it's cropping and her expression.
    Nate Grant: Living Legend
  • Options
    Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hello Yuri !
    Priviet, dear friends!
    Running risk of being putted to lunatic asylum (who else make photos and present them without payment to unknown people) I continue my portraits learning and training.
    He is Nasya.
    2389.jpg
    Yuri
    Hello Yuri.

No. 1 is my favourite - great expressionmwink.gif

The black and White pic to me seemed a bit overprocessed.

Taking these pics and giving them away for free is a great deal ;
    many people around here would PAY her to be allowed to do that . eek7.gif

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hi Again Yuri,
    #3 is my favorite for this set. Here eyes and expression match, they say the same thing. In #4, here eyes are far away but her expression seems to say something different. Just my opinion. Between the color and B&W, I like the color better, more complimentary. #1 has a lot of character to is and is also a wonderful shot. I guess I'm a bit partial to your tight cropping now that I've gotten used to it:D.

Thanks for another wonderful set,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Interesting choice
    Priviet, dear friends!

and, please, send me your opinion which one's better of these two:
    Spasibo for your comments and critique - they realy help me a lot to make better and better portraits...
    Yuri
    The b&w makes her so much older and even a total different personality. I prefer color the color - you outdid yourself here -, but the b&w makes a very interesting picture. Did she like the b&W herself I wonder?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 1, 2005
    Yuri,

Another great set of a beautiful young woman with fantastic eyes thumb.gif Where do you find these beauties?

I like the closeness of the 4th shot, but I like the skintone better in the 3rd shot. I love the sultry look in the 1st shot, but it seems to be lacking the contrast of the 3rd and 4th shots ne_nau.gif

Ahhhh, what do I know?....lol

Thanks for sharing these Yuri clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hi Yuri,
    I like #3 the best. I like the soft lighting and the natural expression. The others all seem a bit over bright. She has beautiful eyes... as do all of your beautiful girls. Great job as usual. :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2005
    TassieD wrote:
    G'day Yuri,

Outstanding, as usuall....:D I much prefer the colour version, the b&w is a little on the scareu side for my liking (but a good photo none the less).
    When the photos first loaded to likeness to Meg Ryan hit me straight away...anybody else notice this or is it just me?

Enjoy your portraits Yuri...keep up the good work.

Cheers
    David

Spasibo, David!
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2005
    JazzyJak wrote:
    These are great, I think your portraiture is coming along all right Yuri. That first one just about knocked me out of my chair, her expression is so mischievous. And I also like the color version, the eyes in the B&W are just too intense for me. How do you find these girls?
    Believe me or not - just on the streets...
    Spasibo for your comment and critique,
    Yuri
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    I am quite sure she will be very happy with these thumb.gif
    Good job as always

Thanks
    Fred
    Spasibo, Fred!
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    I agree, the color shot is much more flattering. Thanks for sharing your amazing shots Yuri.. it is always a pleasure to comment.
    Spasibo!
    Yuri
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    I really like no 1 & 2 Yuri. She has a naughty look about her.

As usual, excellent exposures!

regards
    alan
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    I like #3 and #4.
    #5 has a certain vampirish look..

I was hesitating to say that for quite some time, but finally decided to come out of the closet...:-)
    It seems that your latest portraits are mostly overexposed. You used to have very nice reach color and high dynamic range, but recently most of those pictures seem a bit flat.. Intention? Change in a workflow? High-key trend?ne_nau.gif

This is, of course, only my personal opinion and only because you've asked..

Love your work!thumb.gif

Spasibo, Nikolai, for your critique...
    Hmm... You know... I prefere cloudy says - perfect weather for portraits - the light is spread from all-around...
    Now we had some very bright sunny days... I think this must not be the reason for stopping my people's photography, a? :-) Adn as you know sometimes my 'photosession' starts unexpectedly - just see a man / woman, ask 'May I take a photo?'. Maximum I can do - looking around for appropriate background and (oh!) some shadow...
    Maybe this is a reason ...
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2005
    The b&w makes her so much older and even a total different personality. I prefer color the color - you outdid yourself here -, but the b&w makes a very interesting picture. Did she like the b&W herself I wonder?
    Spasibo, Adrian!
    Yes, she said she *never had* such wonderful photos (Oh!)
    Yuri
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    Sunny days..
    Spasibo, Nikolai, for your critique...
    Hmm... You know... I prefere cloudy says - perfect weather for portraits - the light is spread from all-around...
    Now we had some very bright sunny days... I think this must not be the reason for stopping my people's photography, a? :-) Adn as you know sometimes my 'photosession' starts unexpectedly - just see a man / woman, ask 'May I take a photo?'. Maximum I can do - looking around for appropriate background and (oh!) some shadow...
    Maybe this is a reason ...
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    Possibly.. Those that liked most were winter time or indoors... So maybe it's just excessive light.. And our sonys, at least from my experience, tend to overexpose in such conditions..
    Anyway, thank you for you answer - and I want to see more of your beautiful subjectsclap.gif
    Cheers!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    Yuri, I haven't had the opportunity to photograph people and I study your pics for composition and lighting. They are exceptional. This series captures a very pretty young lady perfectly.

Seamus.
  • Options
    Otto BehrensOtto Behrens Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 2, 2005
    Priviet, dear friends!

Yuri
    Hi Yuri,
    # 4 is my fav. She has a very clean skin, maybe she need a little more sun tan.
    Or did you do the clean skin with much Photoshop. :D
    # 3 is nice too, the background disturbs me only.

How old is this young lady?

Otto
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2005
    Seamus wrote:
    Yuri, I haven't had the opportunity to photograph people and I study your pics for composition and lighting. They are exceptional. This series captures a very pretty young lady perfectly.

Seamus.
    Spasibo, Seamus!
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    Hi Yuri,
    # 4 is my fav. She has a very clean skin, maybe she need a little more sun tan.
    Or did you do the clean skin with much Photoshop. :D
    # 3 is nice too, the background disturbs me only.

How old is this young lady?

Otto

What about phone number :-)?
    Lol
    She's a student.
    I didn't use healing brush a lot. You know... youth...
    Oh,
    (Don't know why, but Mery Hopkin's "Those were the days my friend" came to mind...)
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    #3 & #4 for me clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif