Tough wedding shoot...pics...

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited July 21, 2009 in Weddings
This was a collection of the toughest lighting challenges I have had yet at a wedding. A processing nightmare.....
We started off in a too dark room with really orange light, small and cluttered, and a very small and cluttered, hot and sweaty bathroom.
The bride took 1.5 hours to get ready cause she didn't want to put her dress on till her Mom got there. What is up with the brides Mom showing up over an hour late, seems to be a reoccurring theme, it has happened at my last 4 weddings.
So out 3 hour photo shoot became less than 1 hour by the time she was dressed.
Went outside 102 degrees. Mottled light everywhere, no big patches of sun or shade to be found.
Luckily later than night I was able to steal them away for 15 minutes in better light.
I got lucky on the ring pictures where you see the diamond ring on the diamond shaped piece of ice I didn't realize it was shaped like a diamond till I was in post. Those ring pictures came out Crazy!!
I just finished their gallery and am off to another 102 degree wedding in the sun today, going to be a blazer.
Here is the gallery if anyone wants to have a look:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/gallery/8946144_sbiFq

Comments

• GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    WOW!! If this was a nightmare to you, you certainly turned it into a raging success!! They're awesome!!

zoomer wrote:
    This was a collection of the toughest lighting challenges I have had yet at a wedding. A processing nightmare.....
    We started off in a too dark room with really orange light, small and cluttered, and a very small and cluttered, hot and sweaty bathroom.
    The bride took 1.5 hours to get ready cause she didn't want to put her dress on till her Mom got there. What is up with the brides Mom showing up over an hour late, seems to be a reoccurring theme, it has happened at my last 4 weddings.
    So out 3 hour photo shoot became less than 1 hour by the time she was dressed.
    Went outside 102 degrees. Mottled light everywhere, no big patches of sun or shade to be found.
    Luckily later than night I was able to steal them away for 15 minutes in better light.
    I got lucky on the ring pictures where you see the diamond ring on the diamond shaped piece of ice I didn't realize it was shaped like a diamond till I was in post. Those ring pictures came out Crazy!!
    I just finished their gallery and am off to another 102 degree wedding in the sun today, going to be a blazer.
    Here is the gallery if anyone wants to have a look:
    http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/gallery/8946144_sbiFq
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    WOW!! If this was a nightmare to you, you certainly turned it into a raging success!! They're awesome!!

clap.gif15524779-Ti.gifclap.gif

Zoomer, my only question is 27 - what's up with the blue tint on that?

You got some GREAT intimate and emotional shots from them as a couple - so pretty!
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    I very much agree with Divamum and goof, these came out really great. Only thing I would have liked is if the pictures in the gallery were in a little better chronological order.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Thanks for taking a look Goofbckt.
    They were a very fun couple which helped a lot.
    GoofBckt wrote:
    edited July 19, 2009
    Thanks Divamum,
    The tint is on purpose.

They were great to photograph just wish the light had not been so problematic.
    divamum wrote:
    clap.gif15524779-Ti.gifclap.gif

Zoomer, my only question is 27 - what's up with the blue tint on that?

You got some GREAT intimate and emotional shots from them as a couple - so pretty!
    edited July 19, 2009
    Appreciate your comment Mpaulie,
    I only put the sequences that need to be in order, in order.
    The rest I like to mix up. I never put the whole thing in order.

mpaulie wrote:
    I very much agree with Divamum and goof, these came out really great. Only thing I would have liked is if the pictures in the gallery were in a little better chronological order.
  • lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    stunning
    Your gallery is stunning as always-- I am always impressed by the sheer number of creative, well exposed pics you have. wow!
    Lisa
    My Website
    edited July 21, 2009
    Thanks Lisa,
    Appreciate you having a look and taking the time to comment.
    Glad you like the pics and hope you are getting some ideas you can use from them.

Your gallery is stunning as always-- I am always impressed by the sheer number of creative, well exposed pics you have. wow!
    edited July 21, 2009
    Thanks for having a look Jack34.
    zoomer wrote:
    The bride took 1.5 hours to get ready cause she didn't want to put her dress on till her Mom got there. What is up with the brides Mom showing up.

Cute pics. Thanks for sharing the weeding pictures... clap.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Oh my gosh!!! What a FUN set!!! But boy, I could never tell you had any troubles with the light ... Awesome set. Love the colors / processing.

You usually have a 3h shoot with the couple?? eek7.gif Wow .... I wish my couples would be up for something like that the day off iloveyou.gif

Just beautiful clap.gif
    edited July 21, 2009
    Thanks Agnieszka,
    I try to plan for 2 or 3 hours, they are almost ALWAYS an hour late so I put that buffer in there, honestly I am very happy if I get an hour.
    Appreciate your comments!
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Oh my gosh!!! What a FUN set!!! But boy, I could never tell you had any troubles with the light ... Awesome set. Love the colors / processing.

You usually have a 3h shoot with the couple?? eek7.gif Wow .... I wish my couples would be up for something like that the day off iloveyou.gif

Just beautiful clap.gif