Options

Hiking in the rain

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited June 3, 2005 in People
Hiking is not all fun and games at times. We left the parking lot this day and it rained the entire time. Until i was at the top than it was snowing.
I took this of myself while i was waiting for my freind to catch up.

Comments

• Options
    gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Hiking is not all fun and games at times. We left the parking lot this day and it rained the entire time. Until i was at the top than it was snowing.
    I took this of myself while i was waiting for my freind to catch up.
    I looked at your site. You sure are covering a lot of territory. I was in Juneau last year (on the way to Whitehorse) and this year I am going to summer camp with my son's scout troop in the Anchorage area. I am looking forward to being somewhere in the Denali Wilderness. Your photo reminds me that we will probably experience some weather that we rather not.

The most amazing thing was flying over the icefield in a 12 seat plane coming back from Whitehorse to Juneau.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Love the shot Kelsey. I probably should have stopped and set something up while riding my bike through the heavy rain to get to Palmer on Wednesday, but I felt like getting the ride over with instead of taking pics. :D When did you take this, Wednesday or Thursday? Most of Thursday I spent on Tracy's couch, totally safe from the rain. rolleyes1.gif We probably would have been up for joining you though.

And gpgold: yes definitely be ready for the bad weather. This year has been lowsy so far. But remember that while it makes it harder to enjoy a good swim, there's still some sweet pictures to be found and good times to be had if you make the best of it. thumb.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Thanks John! I wasnt willing to pick anyone up that time heh :-P

Denali is quite a bit away from Anchorage are you guys going to be in the Alaska Range or Chugach Park? Thats cool that you will be up this way its always great to get out in Alaska! and The rain just makes for more fun if you anticipate it! The icefields in that area are, i have heard, incredible. I have not had a chance to see them myself yet!
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Thats a good photo thumb.gif I love it.

Winter here atm... only hit 24c (75f) today :cry .

Gus
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Thats a good photo thumb.gif I love it.

Winter here atm... only hit 24c (75f) today :cry .

Gus
    *sigh* I think we saw 75 a couple of weeks ago when it was hot and sunny. Right now it's sunny, blue skies, and 60F. Should warm up later in the day though. 75 is a possibility. rolleyes1.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com