Options

Another take of Hurricane Ridge

AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited July 19, 2009 in Landscapes
Was working my accounts in the Olympic Peninsula last week so headed up to Hurricane Ridge and Obstruction Point one night with a friend. The wildflowers are starting to come alive very nicely and had the added bonus of some very curious deer.

Thanks for looking

Ray Still

hurricaneridge1715.jpg

hurricaneridgedeer1715.jpg

hurricaneridgedeer27150.jpg

hurricaneridgesunsetwil.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    hey Abiciriderback,

lovely photos for sure, but i'm a bit torn between the 'wow factor' and the saturated unnatural colours.. they make the images, but distract at the same time for me.. ne_nau.gif

other surely will have other, better elaborated opinions :D
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    Wow, number 1 and number 4, holy moly! Love the colors in both, but the light in #1...fantastic! thumb.gif
  • Options
    thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    I wouldn't touch a thing on these shots. They are so beautiful, I can't even begin to find the words to compliment them. Masterful work! The first and last are gorgeous...like, died and gone to heaven gorgeous! thumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Options
    AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    hey Abiciriderback,

lovely photos for sure, but i'm a bit torn between the 'wow factor' and the saturated unnatural colours.. they make the images, but distract at the same time for me.. ne_nau.gif

other surely will have other, better elaborated opinions :D

Thanks for looking actually these were pretty much the true colors and true saturation given the situation and lighting, so I would have to disagree with it be unreal

Ray Still
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    allright, in that case clap.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    bryanj87 wrote:
    Wow, number 1 and number 4, holy moly! Love the colors in both, but the light in #1...fantastic! thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif 100%
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Colors and light on #1 are amazing, nice work! Might be a little over-sharpened for that resolution, but looks like you got some dramatic light and worked it well and picked a nice composition too. I love those deer at Hurricane Ridge, they're fearless (for good and bad).
  • Options
    NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Nice set. Looks like you had a wonderful evening up there. The last shot is absolutely stunning clap.gif I love the colors in the first shot with the evening sun and the lupine in the foreground. It does have that HDR feel to it and the clouds seem unnaturally dark. The deer walking in flowers is awesome. IMO it could be even better by cropping to an 8x10 format with the excess all coming off of the right side of the frame thus off-centering the deer with it walking into the frame. That would also eliminate the OOF branch in lower right. I love the composition, surroundings etc. on the shot of the buck in velvet but the blown highlights and overexposure on the fur ruin the image for me ne_nau.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • Options
    dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    A wonderful set of images! It seems like your job is taking you all over the state, which is not necessarily a bad thing -- especially with images like these!
    I'd be tempted to bring down the highlights on the foreground tree in the first and maybe tone the blues down a little in the mountains in the last image. Besides those suggestions, I think you did a great job.