Options

I like it HOT HOT HOT!

FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
edited July 20, 2009 in People
Temp. wise, and boy was it toasty in NJ today :D ....Had a visit with Trevlan today, what a nice guy! I feel bad he sat on a stinky transit train for as long as he did, but I must be worth it :rofl

Here are some pics from our day together and it was interesting!

I'm running into a problem with my XTi, that if I have the focus point on my subject, it will sometimes focus on any object in front or behind what I wanted in focus........example #1, the trees behind and the cap on the fella behind the girl? Who cares? My focus point was on the girls

1. Ran across a Quinceañera that must have cost these parents more than an upscale black tie wedding!! (Sorry focus is messed up). This girl was dressed in a huge ball gown with very intricate beading all over the dress, had her own army apparently, and was being followed by a camera man and photographer.
595026964_HG9pC-L.jpg

2. Then at the same place we find a bridal party taking their photos in the HARSH sunlight of noon on the water.
595026710_r6hqL-L.jpg

3. The bridal parties photographer from "Photos on the Bay" they have a website, but I can't seem to find it right now.
595026602_4zEBW-L.jpg

4. The man himself (I blew out his shirt...dang boy quit wearing white!)
595026826_HtEUW-L.jpg

5. Do you think my daughter liked him?
595026953_AcikL-L.jpg

6. Tried to go to the Ice Cream festival, but it was finishing up. Some doggies think they are people too, so if you will allow this fella a moment in the spotlight.
595026601_4KG7P-L.jpg

7. Clear proof she hated him...:lust
595026580_AkYPF-L.jpg

8. Hanging in my backyard getting ready to grill..."Burgers, and dogs, burgers and dogs"
595026379_xGRzE-L.jpg

9. My little man!
595026366_36KPN-L.jpg

10. Um, Um, Um....single ladies......easy on the eyes... this one is!!! :wink
595026339_zfS3Z-L.jpg

Thank you for letting me share. If you care to offer comments, much appreciated. (taking my camera to Canon monday morning...:cry )
~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
my real job
looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11

Comments

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    allright ill comment on the photos later (bit short on time now) but before you go to canon with your camera...

make sure that the focus is set on single shot focus and not on AI servo or AI focus!

.. these are for focussing on moving subjects and have the habit of changing your focus if you shoot in a 'focus and recompose' manner.

sorry for the huge lettering, thought id grab your attention and maybe save you a drive :D
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2009
    allright ill comment on the photos later (bit short on time now) but before you go to canon with your camera...

make sure that the focus is set on single shot focus and not on AI servo or AI focus!

.. these are for focussing on moving subjects and have the habit of changing your focus if you shoot in a 'focus and recompose' manner.

sorry for the huge lettering, thought id grab your attention and maybe save you a drive :D

Thanks Chris, Frank, thought to have me change it to see if it may help for some reason. He remembered a thread talking something about the XTi's not synching correctly with some lenses creating a focus problem?
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    im not familiar with lenses not syncing on Xti's.. all lenses have worked for me so far.. but the focussing aspect is very familiar when i accidentally keep the focus on AI servo or AI focus. I think the AF will seek something to lock on if you have a static object your shooting in that mode. not sure though so maybe someone else can step in :D

Some nice shots by the way! really like the dog and the last shot!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2009
    My problem is in my OP.That first picture I had my focus point on the girl.......NOT in focus!!!! The guys cap behind her and the trees are. rolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Flutist wrote:
    My problem is in my OP.That first picture I had my focus point on the girl.......NOT in focus!!!! The guys cap behind her and the trees are. rolleyes1.gif

What lens was attatched?

If it was the 50mmF1.8 then it can be expected as that lens will miss focus completely now and then. I made some beautiful shots with mine, but eventually sold it due to it's frustraing inconsistancies in focusing. Hit or miss.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    What lens was attatched?

If it was the 50mmF1.8 then it can be expected as that lens will miss focus completely now and then. I made some beautiful shots with mine, but eventually sold it due to it's frustraing inconsistancies in focusing. Hit or miss.

my 24-105...headscratch.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2009
    Flutist wrote:

Well....I dunno...its definately focused on the trees behind them.

Id do some testing before I sent it in.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Well....I dunno...its definately focused on the trees behind them.

Id do some testing before I sent it in.

Yeah, I'm gonna hit up my local guru camera store first for advice. As you can see in some of the other pics.....no problem. It seems random, and I know I'm not shaking my hand that much or the entire pic would be blurred.......of to ponder
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Jeff, didn't you and Scott have a thread about calibrating the lenses so that they focus sharply? Maybe this is only on option on the top tier cameras.headscratch.gif
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Flutist wrote:
    Temp. wise, and boy was it toasty in NJ today :D ....Had a visit with Trevlan today, what a nice guy! I feel bad he sat on a stinky transit train for as long as he did, but I must be worth it rolleyes1.gif

Here are some pics from our day together and it was interesting!

5. Do you think my daughter liked him?
    595026953_AcikL-L.jpg

This is the result of that shot. ;-)

595910724_WN9ek-L.jpg

Here are a few of mine.

595909056_tHU97-L.jpg

595911807_7KhEk-L.jpg

595910381_Pspaw-L.jpg

The dog days of summer.
    595912806_zLkuu-L.jpg

595913060_p4kcZ-L.jpg

Found these in Shannon's back yard.

595915444_mfqrs-L.jpg

Fun times. Thanks for having me. Looking forward to hanging with your awesome family again.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2009
    Me too!!
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2009
    Trevlan wrote:
    Jeff, didn't you and Scott have a thread about calibrating the lenses so that they focus sharply? Maybe this is only on option on the top tier cameras.headscratch.gif

Its a camera feature found on the 5DII and 50D......they call it micro focus adjustment. You can indeed fine tune front or rear focus out of a lens. Since it is a random occurance, it really isnt some thing that MFA would remedy....and this XTi doesnt share this capability....unfortunately.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Flutist wrote:
    Quick question - Did you, by any chance focus, then zoom, then shoot? I know with mine, the focus at one FL is not valid at another. With mine, I have to zoom ... focus ... shoot and I get crisp clear images. Any other sequence and get soft images.
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2009
    Quick question - Did you, by any chance focus, then zoom, then shoot? I know with mine, the focus at one FL is not valid at another. With mine, I have to zoom ... focus ... shoot and I get crisp clear images. Any other sequence and get soft images.

Oh gosh, you know I'm not really sure......headscratch.gif I'll have to see what happens and try both ways...Thanks Scott!
    ~Shannon~

my real job