Options

Ole Lucky 13.....A Worn-Out Warrior

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited July 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
590240007_6Y2zM-XL.jpg

590240252_temrv-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    It pains me to see a Trans-Am in that kind of shape :cry

You must have some kind of radar for finding these old cars/wagons, etc.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2009
    Hi Randy,

I hear you about the pain.....I had a '74 Trans Am 455 SD; certainly one of the all-time favorite cars I've owned.

I spend so much time roving the back roads and countryside of the Blue Ridge Mountains that I can't help but come across this kind of scene on a regular basis. Old cars, trucks, and other equipment litter the roadside like you wouldn't believe.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    HI Tom......That is a neat find.......well done thumb.gif azzaro
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

What a neat find, looks like it went right from the last race to where you
    found it, kind of a sad fate for a gallant warrior.

Great find!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2009
    Hey Gary and Craig,

This old car is actually located not far from my mountain house. I pass by it all the time. The story behind it always amazed me. Out of respect for the family, I won't take a picture of their house or the spread they live on....suffice it to say that those would rank at the lower end of anyone's scale. In spite of that background of struggle, the old man and his son managed to race this car on a fairly consistent basis. Sadly, his son died a couple of years ago from cancer and the car has set there since.
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Very nice Tom. Every time I see your posts from your "mountain home" I regret giving up my cabin in the Adirondacks. Just never could convince my lovely new wife how much fun life without indoor plumbing could be. :D (And it had a two holer too!)

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2009
    Hey Jack,

Man, I can't believe you let a true two-holer get away. You couldn't have blasted that thing out of my grips with a sack of dynamite. I can appreciate your wife's perspective, though :D .

Take care,

Tom