Options

SOLD: Nikon 55-200/4-5.6 AF-S VR DX Lens

TizianoTiziano Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
edited July 20, 2009 in Nikon Land
I bought this lens new from B&H a few months ago and used it 5 times in my backyard.
I've decided that I need something longer than the 200mm, (got the 70-300mm instead) and have no need for the 55-200mm.

It's in beautiful condition with the original box, manual, pouch and both original Nikon caps.

I'll even throw in the Hoya HMC UV that's been on it from the moment I got the lens. The filter is as clean as the lens.

Asking $160, including shipping & insurance. Money exchange handled through PayPal.
US only. PM me here.
A Nikon D90 plus some Nikon, Sigma & Tokina lenses.

Comments

• Options
    jerryshenkjerryshenk Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 20, 2009
    I've been looking to buy one of these...actually, planning to get one later this week. I'm not sure how to handle buying something from a total stranger over the internet without Ebay or something like that.
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2009
    Good question Jerry.
    First off, know that lens manufacturers warranty their lenses only to the original buyers. Therefore, this lens (as all available here) are without warranty, even with the original warranty card (which I still have for this lens).

I am a bit uncertain as to what benefit Ebay would bring to this though. Ignorance on my part. I have bought through Ebay before but never sold through them. If you'd prefer I'd be happy to put it up there.

Also, if it would help I'll PM you exactly who I am before a transaction.

I should add that I do not have the box for the Hoya filter.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 20, 2009
    jerryshenk wrote:
    ... I'm not sure how to handle buying something from a total stranger over the internet without Ebay or something like that.
    Oh come now! We have a whole forum full of sales that haven't needed ebay! :D

Buying here/online is like buying any old way:
    - do your homework
    - communicate (move the dealing over to email, get photos)
    - communicate some more (go so far as to exchange a phone number, talk)
    thumb.gif

That said, to answer your question specifically, the predominant way to buy online is to use Paypal (which is actually how you get the majority of your "protection" over at ebay as well).

Plenty of folks here to help.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited July 20, 2009
    Sold, and darn fast!