Options

Blue Angels

THE TOOTHTHE TOOTH Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited June 3, 2005 in Holy Macro
This picture was taken at a BBQ I was at over Memorial Day Weekend. The Naval Base near me has their annual air show, and my friends yard is the plane turn around path. It was about to rain, so the sky was cloudy and getting dark. I think it adds to the photo.
You can't handle THE TOOTH!!!

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 2, 2005
    Looks good TT and what a luck thumb.gifthumb.gif Eating BBQ and shooting the Blue Angels too clap.gif

It is sort of dark and I think a little post processing with levels/curves would really make those planes stand out :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    THE TOOTHTHE TOOTH Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    I'm not really good at post processing. I'm still learning to take photos. Laughing.gif!
    If you wanna mess with it and put it up, go for it. I'd like to see.
    You can't handle THE TOOTH!!!
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Nice formation and way out of my league. Would be interesting if cut to a vertical IMO, but thats just my old eyes at work.Danny.
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 3, 2005
    Here's a quick attempt with only small image, very low res, image to work from. I used shadows/hilights to bring the brightness down a lot and the shadows up a bit. Brought up the midtones in curves and a small amount of sharpening (USM 50%. ,3, 0)

44275171.jpg
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    That made a huge difference!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au