Options

Tower of Power and other Cool Shots.

Aussie_blueyAussie_bluey Registered Users Posts: 593 Major grins
edited June 4, 2005 in Holy Macro
This high tension Power Tower is 365 feet high and supports power lines that cross the Port River in Adelaide. :):
:rofl Laugh at life, otherwise you will cry.:rofl

Comments

• Options
    edited May 28, 2005
    This is an old Light House that is at the Maritime Museum in Port Adelaide. :):
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2005
    This water feature is supposed to represent Waves and is situated next to the Bicentennial Conservatory in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. :):
  • Options
    JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    This high tension Power Tower is 365 feet high and supports power lines that cross the Port River in Adelaide. :):
    Amazing how these normally boring electricity towers become interesting when shot from a different angle! Thanks for sharing.

Jamie
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2005
    Hi James,
    I like to take photos of things from different angles, so I'm always on the look out for something interesting to photograph.

Tim
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Hi James,
    I like to take photos of things from different angles, so I'm always on the look out for something interesting to photograph.

Tim
    That's the way to be, Tim. And look at what you can find, just excellent. thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 28, 2005
    fantastic shots! your colors are so vibrant.

I'm fascinated by the water feature at the botanical garden. i find myself staring at it to determine it's structure. I have ideas but would love to hear from you how this was constructed.
  • Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    This is an old Light House that is at the Maritime Museum in Port Adelaide. :):
    Hi there Tim, does the Maritime museum still have the old tug boat with the dollar sign painted on the funnell? spent many a weekend camping out on it as a kid. Great shots, is making me want the holidays at the end of the year come around quicker so I get back there again....lol thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    David C
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Gosh You'd Never Know
    That doesn't look anything like a Power Tower from the angle......great shape.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    Hi Tassie,

The museum has the Yelta which is a Steam Tug, the tug with the Dollar sign on its funnel is now on land next to where the tugs are moored.
    Tim
  • Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Hi Tassie,

The museum has the Yelta which is a Steam Tug, the tug with the Dollar sign on its funnel is now on land next to where the tugs are moored.
    Tim
    Thanks Tim, looks like I will be paying the museum a visit when I head back to Adelaide for a holiday at christmas time.
    Cheers
    David Clifford