Options

106 degrees mid day sun....pics

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited July 23, 2009 in Weddings
From last Saturday. 106 degrees not a breath of wind outside from 12 to 5. Not a cloud to be found.
Henceforth to be known as "The Inferno"!
After the ceremony the bride comes to me and says "Ok, lets not do anything fancy, lets just get the shots we need and that we can get in the shade. So needless to say the creativity took second stage to survival and attendee comfort.
Any of the fun shots I suggested, she said no to. So here you have it, basic wedding photography, just capture the event.
The first wedding I ever needed to hang a towel over my shoulder to wipe the sweat out of my eyes on a regular basis.
My poor daughter who was assisting me, wilted after the first hour and retired to my truck and the air conditioning, with me bringing her water bottles periodically, man that air conditioning felt good!!!
Her is the link if anyone should want to have a look, click on the slideshow button for quick viewing.
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/gallery/7957146_x8fGM

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    aye..definitely a step down from your normal work. oh well..what are you gonna do?headscratch.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    Wow, that looked tough! Technically awesome pictures as usual but I can tell you would be disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm. Basic posing, nothing super creative.... They seem a little lackluster as I am sure they would with 106 in Idaho! Great job anyway...... Thanks for sharing, I always appreciate looking at your photos!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Options
    mtmcelvymtmcelvy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    As I recall you recently had another "tough shoot". All I can say is that your skill set shines through in both situations. There are some excellant shots in this series!! I have a list of names in my head that, when I see a post by them I can't click it fast enough and you are definitly on that list. Thank you for the insperation and for sharing!!bowdown.gif
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you having a look and taking the time to comment.

I am looking forward to some easier weddings in August...I hope.
    Even have a couple that are partially indoors.

Indoors weddings are SOoooo much easier!

Yes lackluster pretty much covers this group, the heat really put a damper on the fun. Really nice people..just a tough day.

On the flip side it gives me lots of in the sun practice.