the shine

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited May 3, 2004 in People
taken today (self-modeled, no release required :rofl ) at nyc's grand central terminal. a favorite ritual of many new yorkers is "the shine." nyc's shine crew is among the best in the world. it's a great way to slow down, take a rest, and enjoy a few minutes of relaxation. oh and there's the sports section, too ;-)

handheld, taken today with my dslr, in nyc's grand central terminal.

1/30th sec, f/2.8 on a 50mm f/1.4 lens. iso 800.
3921019-M.jpg

enjoy (shiny shoes) photography :andy

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2004
    Another beauty. Love what you did with the colors. Amazing how steady your hands are. Is that PS blurring of your pants?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2004
    post processing
    wxwax wrote:
    Another beauty. Love what you did with the colors. Amazing how steady your hands are. Is that PS blurring of your pants?

thanks wax... the only ps this shot got was a resizing for web. that's it. the 50/1.4 has really shallow dof and i was center pt focused on my shoe tassels.

thanks so much! :andy
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2004
    ps: regarding the colors
    wxwax wrote:

i didn't touch the coloring, either. inside gct, the light is really hinky and the colors are very warm and rich. everywhere.

:andy