Options

Help with getting rid of Smugmug logo.

dashphotographydashphotography Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited June 4, 2005 in SmugMug Support
:help I have had my account for a while and have not set up a custom header, footer, or any co-branding as of yet. The last 2 people that have contacted me for pictures (in the past 2 days) have asked me questions relating to different pricing.

The 1st one asked me which is the correct pricing...the 6.95 for a 4x6 in the shopping cart or the .26 cents on the "other" pricing page. A phone call the next day and the person asked me about the large photo puzzle (which) I do not have as an option to buy but now feel obligated to turn it on...and of course upcharge from the 19.95 he saw and explain why.

I'm not sure if any of you are having this problem but twice in two days is enough for me. I want the SMUGMUG or powered by SMUGMUG turned off. I have a PRO account and I should not have my customers have easy access to a link where they see the other lower pricing and products I choose not to offer.

Does anyone have a solution or any ideas? Thanks! P.S. by the way since I now have to turn on the large picture puzzle for the guy...does anyone know approx. how many days it takes them to do one of these...not counting shipping time as I know that will vary. He wants it for a bday present.

Thanks!

Shawn.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 3, 2005
    I actually had to go look at your page to figure out what the problem was. I don't know why you haven't done so, but as soon as you turn on co-branding, the footer gets changed, and the "prints & gifts" link that is giving you your problems goes away. It doesn't take anything fancy, just do it.

take a look at my page, or just about any other pro co-branded smugmug page and you'll see the much less intrusive and slick footer I'm talking about.

doctorit.smugmug.com

my cobranding is about as simple as it gets. All I did was add my email address to the footer, and I used the stylesheets to give me the same navigation/search bar in the default. If you want the code, let me know - onethumb gave it to me in the first place.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 3, 2005
    :help I have had my account for a while and have not set up a custom header, footer, or any co-branding as of yet. The last 2 people that have contacted me for pictures (in the past 2 days) have asked me questions relating to different pricing.
    This is what is causing your problem. Not setting up any co-branding. Like the other person said, just go into the customization and in the footer put anything, email address, copyright info, anything. That will take care of it.

Barb
    digitaldaze.smugmug.com
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    Thanks guys for the info!!!!
    Thanks guys!

Shawn.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    Actually that does not solve the problem!
    I turned off the default header and footer. Which is okay. When you select a photo and add it to your shopping cart...the window it pulls up shows it in your cart..........and then underneath that...Smugmug has all of there stuff plastered right across the bottom, including the prints and gifts clickable button.

This is where my users were seeing this after they added the pics to their cart. Why does smugmug do this. It gives the user an option to click on prints and gifts right there at the shopping cart step. This is a redirect to Smugmugs site and I cannot control what is at the bottom there.

I just tested it by clicking the prints and gifts button from inside the shopping cart. The good thing is it looks like it does not show prices on any of the products...but it does show them all of the products...including the ones that I do not want to sell. Is there anyway Smugmug would consider turning this clickable link off while in the shopping cart?????????????????????????

Thanks,

Shawn.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    I just tested it by clicking the prints and gifts button from inside the shopping cart. The good thing is it looks like it does not show prices on any of the products...but it does show them all of the products...including the ones that I do not want to sell. Is there anyway Smugmug would consider turning this clickable link off while in the shopping cart?????????????????????????

Shawn,

When I go to your page, and add a picture to the shopping cart, I only get your shopping cart, with your prices. I DO NOT get SmugMug's "Prints and Gifts" shopping cart on the page. I wonder if you cleared your cache if that would help. I'm just guessing here, but as I said, I get what I believe you want when I add a picture to the cart.

Barb
    digitaldaze.smugmug.com
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    I cleared my cache. It's still there.
    Barb:

If you select any picture on my site and add it to your shopping cart. When you are looking at that pic and see it in your cart. Look down at the very bottom of the page and you see links all across the bottom. On of those links is for "prints & gifts". That is a clickable link and the shopping cart in general looks like it is a URL controlled by smugmug. The shopping cart itself is a smugmug.com\cart\index type URL. I have no contol over making those clickable links dissapear while you have one of my photo's in your shopping cart.

People are clicking on that link from the shopping cart, after they have one of my photo's added to their cart.

Shawn.
    Shawn,

When I go to your page, and add a picture to the shopping cart, I only get your shopping cart, with your prices. I DO NOT get SmugMug's "Prints and Gifts" shopping cart on the page. I wonder if you cleared your cache if that would help. I'm just guessing here, but as I said, I get what I believe you want when I add a picture to the cart.

Barb
    digitaldaze.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    Barb:

If you select any picture on my site and add it to your shopping cart. When you are looking at that pic and see it in your cart. Look down at the very bottom of the page and you see links all across the bottom. On of those links is for "prints & gifts". That is a clickable link and the shopping cart in general looks like it is a URL controlled by smugmug. The shopping cart itself is a smugmug.com\cart\index type URL. I have no contol over making those clickable links dissapear while you have one of my photo's in your shopping cart.

People are clicking on that link from the shopping cart, after they have one of my photo's added to their cart.

Shawn.

Hi Shawn,

Okay, I see what you are saying now. When I click on Prints & Gifts, it takes me to a page just showing me the different items that may be available. No prices, just a description. I guess I never really paid attention to that before.

I do agree with you. Would be nice if in your own shopping cart, those wouldn't be there.

Barb
    digitaldaze.smugmug.com
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    I sent my request to help@smugmug
    I hope they might consider not putting that link in the shopping cart. My thought process is I do not want to sell photo gifts. The prices are already so high that I feel if you sell those you cannot mark them up too high...thus less profit for me. The real money is in the price of the prints I mark up. If they buy more photo gifts...they have less to spend on prints....thus less profit for me. I have no interest in selling gifts and I don't want them to know or even ask me if they are available.

shawn.
    Hi Shawn,

Okay, I see what you are saying now. When I click on Prints & Gifts, it takes me to a page just showing me the different items that may be available. No prices, just a description. I guess I never really paid attention to that before.

I do agree with you. Would be nice if in your own shopping cart, those wouldn't be there.

Barb
    digitaldaze.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    I hope they might consider not putting that link in the shopping cart. My thought process is I do not want to sell photo gifts. The prices are already so high that I feel if you sell those you cannot mark them up too high...thus less profit for me. The real money is in the price of the prints I mark up. If they buy more photo gifts...they have less to spend on prints....thus less profit for me. I have no interest in selling gifts and I don't want them to know or even ask me if they are available.

shawn.

I understand. Prints and gifts are okay with me. I do, however, think that the SmugMug links should disappear on a co-branded site. Let's hope they give this some consideration :)

On a completely OT note: I absolutely adore your hockey shots. My son started playing hockey at age 5, and now, at age 31, is still going strong playing for a semi-pro team. Your pictures brought back a lot of memories for me.

Barb
    digitaldaze.smugmug.com
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    Barb:

Thanks for the comments. Glad to hear your son is still playing and for a semi pro team. That must be fun to go watch him play. My son started at age 3 and is 6 now. He has skated out at two NHL games (Carolina Hurricanes) as a minimite. With the NHL lockout..last fall he had a former Hurricanes Player as his coach...and even the former head coach of the Hurricanes (Paul Maurice) had his two kids on my son's team and he helped out on the ice too.

A 5 year old does not know how big of a deal that is but not many kids get to be coached by NHL players and coaches. We go to many of the NHL games here and could never dream of the coaching our kids got last year..and maybe again this fall.

Shawn.