SOLD: Nikkor Lenses under warranty

ernanny2003ernanny2003 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited July 24, 2009 in Nikon Land
Nothing for sale here.

Comments

• Options
    jungjung Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    How much shipped to AZ for the 80 1.8? I am interested.

Do you have any pictures?

can you email me at valreyjung@yahoo.com

Jung
    "let your eyes do the talking"
  • Options
    River_RatRiver_Rat Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    All in excellent condition under warranty prices based on B&H used. All less than 1 year old.

55-200/4-5.6 AF-S VR DX LENS $150.00

50/1.8 D AF $80.00

18-135/3.5-5.6G AFS ED-IF DX $150.00

18-55/3.5-5.6 G VR DX LENS $125.00

Ships USA only

I'm interested in the 55-200. shipping to 53081?

shoot me an email at jpaske@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2009
    jung wrote:
    How much shipped to AZ for the 80 1.8? I am interested.

Do you have any pictures?

can you email me at valreyjung@yahoo.com

Jung

Email sent thanks much
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2009
    River_Rat wrote:

Email sent thanks much
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2009
    River_Rat wrote:

8.00 bucks to you UPS ground or USPS Priorty Mail. Photo mailed.
  • Options
    GH41GH41 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    It's not under warranty for anybody but you! GH
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 20, 2009
    GH41 wrote:
    It's not under warranty for anybody but you! GH
    "It?"

There are several items for sale here, and it is a well known fact that factory warranties are, more often than not, transferable. If you question something here, please be more specific, it's just good manners.
    thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    GroovyGeekGroovyGeek Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    "It?"

There are several items for sale here, and it is a well known fact that factory warranties are, more often than not, transferable.

"It?" Nikon warranties are NEVER transferable. Neither are Sigma's warranties. This is a cold hard fact explicitly stated by both Nikon and Sigma on their warranty cards. Any seller who states that you are getting a warranty is misrepresenting the spirit of the warranty agreement. It is still possible to obtain warranty service if (a) the original buyer has not registered the lens with Nikon and (b) provides a sales receipt. The new owner can then "claim" that they received the lens as a gift (to explain the different name on the sales receipt). Whether this is ethical is up for you to decide.
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2009
    GroovyGeek wrote:
    "It?" Nikon warranties are NEVER transferable. Neither are Sigma's warranties. This is a cold hard fact explicitly stated by both Nikon and Sigma on their warranty cards. Any seller who states that you are getting a warranty is misrepresenting the spirit of the warranty agreement. It is still possible to obtain warranty service if (a) the original buyer has not registered the lens with Nikon and (b) provides a sales receipt. The new owner can then "claim" that they received the lens as a gift (to explain the different name on the sales receipt). Whether this is ethical is up for you to decide.
    See, that's the kind of specifics I'm talking about. :D

(On a personal note: wow! really? Can you imagine if you bought a pre-owned car that was within the correct age/mileage but the factory warranty was voided because ownership changed?!?)
    Erik

• Options
    edited July 21, 2009
    GroovyGeek wrote:

Well excuse me for not being properly informed I won't sell anything else here. Nikon told me they would make good on all warranties. Sold the lenses yesterday on EBay anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2009
    GroovyGeek wrote:

Sorry hans but Nikon and B&H told me the warranty stood regardless who was the owner.
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2009
    Well excuse me for not being properly informed I won't sell anything else here.
    I've marked the thread sold, sorry to see you pack up all your cookies and leave. For the record, I was leaving the ruling/response to you - GroovyGeek's comments have no bearing on anything. Please reconsider your feelings about "here."

thanks,
    Erik

• Options
    GroovyGeekGroovyGeek Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    Sorry hans but Nikon and B&H told me the warranty stood regardless who was the owner.

The B&H people might have been referrig to the 1 year warranty they offer themselves on imported items. Here is the official word:

http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/333

1. This warranty extends to the original consumer purchaser only and is not assignable or transferable.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, and hopefully the OP is not perceiving this is a personal attack of some sort. Just trying to document the facts :-)