Options

Forum page length

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited July 27, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
Reading the ever-fascinating WP RIP thread, I was reminded to suggest making the page lengths in the forums maybe 2-3 times longer so the threads wouldn't disappear below the horizon so fast.
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited July 26, 2009
    I'm not sure what it is you're asking. Is it to make the list of topics longer or to display more posts in a thread?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    I'm not sure what it is you're asking. Is it to make the list of topics longer or to display more posts in a thread?

Yeah, that.

:)

For example, Landscapes. Right now there are like 18 topics/threads/whatever. Increase the number to maybe 36 or 45. Paging down is easier than clicking the little-tiny numbers (which I rarely do). But anyway, I think having longer pages in the forums would help the few who have mentioned they have to 'bump' their shots for some type of 'critique.'
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 26, 2009
    you can do that yourself in "user options" - "display options" in your user control panel
  • Options
    Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    you can do that yourself in "user options" - "display options" in your user control panel

I only see an option for posts per page within a thread, not the number of threads in a forum list.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    While this may be do-able (I'll look) - is it really that hard to hit "page 2" on the navigation?
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2009
    wfeller wrote:

For example, Landscapes. Right now there are like 18 topics/threads/whatever. Increase the number to maybe 36 or 45. Paging down is easier than clicking the little-tiny numbers (which I rarely do). But anyway, I think having longer pages in the forums would help the few who have mentioned they have to 'bump' their shots for some type of 'critique.'

Let's try 20 on for size. How does that look?
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2009
    Just a suggestion based on some of the whinning I've seen regarding the WP. Make it 8 if you like.

Sheesh.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    Just a suggestion based on some of the whinning I've seen regarding the WP. Make it 8 if you like.

Sheesh.

-

????
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    wfeller wrote:

Sheesh.

-
    Walter, my question is genuine interest - and we took it seriously as you can see, since we raised the # of threads per page.

Cheers,

Andy