Options

Crumpler Shrinkle, where is it in stock?

robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
edited June 5, 2005 in Accessories
After wearing my shoulder from my current photo bag I think it's time for a backpack. Been looking around but most of the packs are really expensive or look too techy for me. I'm trying to find a seller of Crumpler in the Bay Area or via web but looks like everyone is out of stock on the Shrinkle.

Any place that might have it in stock? I checked Crumpler's on-line store and they are also out of stock.

BTW

Does the Shrinkle hold a larger 15" notebook? I have a IBM T42 15" and the dimentions are a bit larger than most 15" notebooks. Might go with Brian's Hot Tub just in case.

Thanks,
Rob
Enjoying photography since 1980.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Does the Shrinkle hold a larger 15" notebook? I

Thanks,
    Rob

:nono
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    andy wrote:
    :nono
    Then Brian's Hot Tub is the better choice? headscratch.gif

Rob
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Then Brian's Hot Tub is the better choice? headscratch.gif

Rob
    Unfortunately i have the hot-tub but no laptop to put in so i cant tell you. It has been replaced with the next model...cant remembr its name but i was in the crumpler shop here the other day & saw the new model...almost the same bag but a diff colour...actually i think the zip on the front opened differently.

Most comfortable bag i have ever had on my back though.

Gus
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Unfortunately i have the hot-tub but no laptop to put in so i cant tell you. It has been replaced with the next model...cant remembr its name but i was in the crumpler shop here the other day & saw the new model...almost the same bag but a diff colour...actually i think the zip on the front opened differently.

Most comfortable bag i have ever had on my back though.

Gus

nod.gif

i've seen the hottub, it'll hold a 15" pb or even larger. i use the farmer's double... plenty of room for very large laptop in it...
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    My laptop isn't huge but it's wide. I did order another Crumpler messenger bag before and found that the space they said a 17" will fit, actually fit my 15" much better.

BTW I just called Crumpler NYC store and they said the Shrinkle and Brian's Hot Tub have been replaced with new bags (with even harder to remember names). :)

Shrinkle > The Whickey and Cox

Brian's Hot Tub > The Karachi Outpost

The sytling is a bit more square, but I haven't seen either in person so it's just a view on the web site.

BTW, the store person said to use www.crumplernyc.com for on-line ordering instead of www.crumplerbags.com he mentioned that the in-stock information is more accurate on the NYC page.

I'm going to order my tonight and give a review soon. thumb.gif

Thanks!
    Rob
  • Options
    tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    I was looking at the farmers double. Andy (or anyone), are they comfortable for all day use?
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    tlittleton wrote:
    I was looking at the farmers double. Andy (or anyone), are they comfortable for all day use?
    Just an idea mate..

I was also looking at the FD & ended up with the larger 'brians hot-tub' ...be sure you dont need more room because if had originally got the smaller of them then i would be selling it & getting a larger size.

I carry stuff like set of glasses..chargers..mini HD storage ..insect repellent etc...you need all the room you can get for a little extra.

Gus
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    'gus, yer darn right!!!!
    Humungus wrote:
    ....you need all the room you can get for a little extra.

Gus

just look at all you can fit in that brian's hot tub lol3.gif

23222533-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    andy wrote:
    just look at all you can fit in that brian's hot tub lol3.gif
    lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif

....................................all good things come to those that wait.

Gus
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Just an idea mate..

I was also looking at the FD & ended up with the larger 'brians hot-tub' ...be sure you dont need more room because if had originally got the smaller of them then i would be selling it & getting a larger size.

I carry stuff like set of glasses..chargers..mini HD storage ..insect repellent etc...you need all the room you can get for a little extra.

Gus
    Most of my messenger bags and back packs are larger than I need, I rather have more room than not enough. :D Guess this comes from bad experiences from using small backpacks while riding my motorcycle.

BTW what do you normally carry in your Brian's Hot Tub?

Rob
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2005
    Today I received the 2005 Shrikle, now called the The Whickey and Cox. It's a really nice bag, but it's very tight just packing the my light kit.

So far I have the following in the bag and it's pretty full.

Canon 10D w/grip
    17-40mm
    70-200mm
    420EX flash
    Canon remote
    CF cards and reader
    Compact cleaning kit
    Dust blower

Almost the entire padded area is taken up but I would like to be able to pack a second body. I'm going to wait for the Brian's Hot Tub to come in next week and report how this compares.

BTW just to left others know, the tripod carry strap has been relocated to the front of the pack, instead of the side. Now, on Crumpler's site they don't show it but there are two straps on the front that allow carrying of a small/mid sized tripod. I just strapped my Manfrotto 3021BPro and it fit pretty good but the strap was too short to fit around all three legs.

Rob