Options

Macbook Air

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited August 11, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Good/great for running Lightroom and Photoshop CS3? Considering getting one for not-so-routine use on trips. At home I would still use the MacPro.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    I run CS/4, Lightroom on my MB Air just fine. This is the laptop that changed my laptop life. It goes everywhere with me. I don't need / care about speed so much when I'm traveling - I care about easy to hold & carry :D

It's not a speed demon but it gets the job done. When using the lappy, I don't care if it takes 30seconds to do a stitch, vs maybe 10 on my Mac Pro.... or whatever.

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=989208&postcount=177

I iloveyou.gif my Macbook Air.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2009
    Hey Andy - thanks for that. Thinking of getting one for the shootout and to also have around the house/quick trips/etc.
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    Hey Andy - thanks for that. Thinking of getting one for the shootout and to also have around the house/quick trips/etc.

I never had any trouble running it on mine either. Lightroom was slower, of course, but it worked just fine. I was running Windows 7 on it the whole time.

Of course, now it's on e-bay, but that's because I needed more battery life, not faster performance.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    I never had any trouble running it on mine either. Lightroom was slower, of course, but it worked just fine. I was running Windows 7 on it the whole time.
    It is now sitting on my desk about to have the migration utility run to copy files over. Then, it will have the necessary programs loaded. So far so good.
    Of course, now it's on e-bay, but that's because I needed more battery life, not faster performance.
    Shameless ebay plug. thumb.gifclap I saw your FS thread a few days after I ordered mine. Oh well - sorry 'bout that.
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    It is now sitting on my desk about to have the migration utility run to copy files over. Then, it will have the necessary programs loaded. So far so good.

Shameless ebay plug. thumb.gifclap I saw your FS thread a few days after I ordered mine. Oh well - sorry 'bout that.

Hehe, that's okay! I actually put in the "shameless plug" in case you'd seen my FS thread. I didn't want you to come back with, "Oh yeah? Then why are you selling it!?"

Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    Hehe, that's okay! I actually put in the "shameless plug" in case you'd seen my FS thread. I didn't want you to come back with, "Oh yeah? Then why are you selling it!?"

Enjoy!
    Sweet computer - nice migration assistant. thumb.gifCopied all the apps in about an hour or two. Far better than the PC world.clap.gif