Options

The process of writing

2»

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Hi Kat, thanks for waking the :deadhorse

I thought the conversation around this image was worthwhile, if a little esoteric and over the top at times. I also agree with you regarding the right-clicking that takes place sometimes. But, I am biting my tongue on it for the time being. Of course, what would be cool is a Web 2.0 sort of thing that lets us annotate images online without downloading and reposting to the site.

Now to the photo. Thanks for saying the image is unsalvageable. eek7.gifmwink.gif:D Actually, after having the tree-head pointed out, I like it and the physical expression of what could be happening in the writer's mind. I'd probably feel different if the tree were closer to the subject and part of the foreground.
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Sorry Jen,

I did not realize it was a dead horse headscratch.gif... My mistake..

Also, when I said unsalavageble, I did not mean it was not a nice capture, but rather, in this forum, I thought we were supposed to be posting our "best" possible work, thus, worthy of portfolio.. so I meant it in that sense.. Not in the sense that it is not a nice capture worth keeping..

Please keep in mind when someone critiques, it is (usually) based on agreed standard rules,, there is "no way" every single person can see the same "artistic" value as the photographer every time. So, I try not to base CC on art, because one could argue that art can be "literally" anything in the mind of the artist. thumb.gif and that would require us to be mind readers to successfully CC.

Kat