Options

FS: Tamron 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited August 23, 2009 in House of Canon
Good Evening Folks,
I have decided to sell my Tamron 24-135mm lens. I haven't used it since I sold my 5D, my original reason for buying it. Just about all of those (5D) pictures taken with this lens were on my work computer at the time I was laid off, back in June of this year. Those pictures, I recently found out, were deleted. Anyway, I shot a few pictures in the past couple of days with my 40D. It is a very good lens. My only nitpick is that the AF is a little slow & noisy. There is a small 1/2mm scratch on the front element that you can see in the 2nd picture, as well as a little dust. This has no effect on the pictures taken. It comes with both end caps, the front is generic, a soft case, the box (upc was cut off), and a blank warranty card. If you have a problem with any Tamron product, you do not need a receipt, as long as you have the blank warranty card. Just tell them the item was a gift and the date you give them starts the warranty period for 6 years :thumb Because there is a very small scratch and a generic front lens cap, I'll sell the lens for $175 shipped in the CON US, USPS Money Order only.
As always, thanks for looking :thumb
Have a good evening :D
Jim...

Comments

• Options
    edited August 3, 2009
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    the next one :D
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    And now, the test pictures...:D
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    The portrait :D
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    Wait, there's more...
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    Almost done thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    Last one. Folks I do have full size resolution (2800 x 2200) if anyone would like to see them. Thanks again and have a good evening :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2009
    FS: Tamron 24-135mm lens
    Good Morning Folks,
    I have received several pm's regarding pay pal & shipping to other countries. At this time, I only want to sell to CON US, and, I will only accept a USPS Money Order. Thank you.
    Have a good morning :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2009
    Tamron 24-135mm 'Removed'
    Good Evening Folks,
    I recently found a few pictures taken with this lens on my old 5D. After looking at them, I decided not to sell this lens after all. If the rumors about the upcoming 7D are true, then this lens will shine once again, especially if it is a 12 mp, ff camera. Even if the rumors turn out to be false, I'll pick up another 5D eventually, especially since I know what this 'walk around' lens can do :D
    Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    i have the same lens, and it works beautifully on my 5D. and since it cost less than half what a 24-105L does, and is also no longer in production, i think you're making a wise choice to hang onto yours... sure, the AF is a bit slow and noisy, but for landscapes and the like, who cares? the glass is excellent, and the focal range is extremely useful, as is the close-focus capability.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2009
    squirl033 wrote:
    i have the same lens, and it works beautifully on my 5D. and since it cost less than half what a 24-105L does, and is also no longer in production, i think you're making a wise choice to hang onto yours... sure, the AF is a bit slow and noisy, but for landscapes and the like, who cares? the glass is excellent, and the focal range is extremely useful, as is the close-focus capability.

Hey Rocky,
    You're absolutely right. I used this lens on my 5D for landscape and general walk around pictures. It never let me down. I paid $195 because of the 1/2mm scratch in the front element, (which doesn't effect the images) and I was going to sell it even cheaper, but I can't get another lens with this range for that price. It really is an under rated lens. I attached 2 pictures taken at 24mm on my 5D. On my 40D, it is very sharp wide open at 24mm & 135mm. My test dog Ginger, can attest to that lol.
    Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2009
    #2...