Options

A few from Satrudays wedding

picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited August 6, 2009 in Weddings
Just thought I would share a few photos from Satruday, I took 1700 pictures that day but only had time to post just a few for now. I have another wedding this weekend, work full time and will be on vacation for 8 days, I can't wait to dive in and start processing the photos from this wedding :D
<br>Lenses used were 70-200 2.8is and 17-55 2.8is
<br>I have to say that I have learned so much from this forum and it's users, I am so glad that I found this forum!! I felt so comfortable at this wedding with my camera and it's settings that I was able to venture out of my comfort zone, playing around with different aperatures, shutter speeds, higher ISO's, no flash, and off camera flash.
<br>A HUGE thanks to everyone who posts and is so open with ideas and critiques when they post!:clap
<br>
1. Natural light coming in through window, no flash
570829106_cqe2e-M-2.jpg
<br>
570825828_pj3ao-M-2.jpg
<br>
3. During the "Sand" ceremony
570834365_SNUyz-M-2.jpg
<br>
570824781_LUjiG-M-2.jpg
<br>
5. Natural light window left
570819391_97YN3-M-2.jpg
<br>
570828186_VDBtP-M-2.jpg
<br>
7. Got to love shooting while it's over cast !!!
570831721_cp23V-M-2.jpg
<br>
8. Bride while getting ready
570822875_vjbmR-M-2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    i don't think I like #4 very much. Her arm looks a little "disfigured" in it.

But a nice set!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    wadesworldwadesworld Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Yeah, the arm needs to be bent a bit forward in #4, but you've definitely got some great shots there!

(And I really like #4 otherwise)
    Wade Williams
    Nikon D300, 18-135/3.5-5.6, 70-300/4.5-5.6, SB800
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    1 and 5 are beautiful and look perfect.
    All the rest are a little underexposed.
    In 4 she is pushing her arm down not letting it hang relaxed.
    In 7 the dress is blown along the back and the photo needs more contrast overall.

Really a nice set overall, I am only pointing out a few small things for your continued development.
    When it is flat light the contrast will need to be bumped without blowing the dress.... a bit of a tightrope.

The couple is going to love these.

I am sure you have tons more good ones in there, have fun with the processing.
    Nice job on these!
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thanks to everyone who has already responded!! Comments are very appreciated!

Hahaha, the arm does look funny, never noticed that, I did only spend about 10 minutes getting the pics uploaded so didn't study them real close, may have missed it anyways though!

Zoomer, I will keep that exposure in mind, maybe boost it a little. I thought they looked pretty good but I do have a fear of overexposing the photos, and yes I have a ton more that are just awesome! Will try and post a link when I get them all finished.
  • Options
    elizabeth_Lunaelizabeth_Luna Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    I like # 1 and 8 iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Nice job. I'm sure the B&G will love them.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Nice set. I am curious about the lighting in #4. What is that light behind the bride?
  • Options
    ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    very nice set. I'm shooting my first wedding in a couple weeks and that's given me some good ideas! I can't wait to see the whole gallery of photos when you give us the link!
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    elizabethluna: I also love those two shots, thanks for taking the time to look and comment !!!

bloomphotog: thanks for looking and commenting, I sure hope they will love them, I did their engagement photos also and they were thrilled so I'm sure they will be happy with these too!!

joshhuntnm: thanks for looking and commenting! I can explain the lighting in #4, behind and above her to the left of the photo was a window, I think that is what brightened up the wall behind her, then at the bottom of the stairs I had one 580ex mounted on a light stand with a 48 inch shoot through umbrella (from Alien Bees) to the right, I brought the flash and umbrella up real high on the stand so the light could reach her face, behind me there was also a window so that would have been directly in front of her, that window may or may not have helped out since it was so much lower than she was.

farnsworthphotography: thanks for the compliments, if you need more ideas feel free to check out my previous wedding galleries, I do post all formals under one gallery so they are easy to get too. I also have a binder with tons of ideas I take with me the day of the wedding, I'm always pretty nervous so when I start getting brain fade I can go to the binder for inspiration, it also helps the people you are trying to pose understand your idea if you can show it to them!! http://www.picturegirlphotos.com/Weddings
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    I really like 1 & 5. Good use of the Natural Light!. The colors in 5 are great. IMO #2 could use some more DOF.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2009
    For anyone interested her are the rest of the pics...
    http://www.picturegirlphotos.com/gallery/9024327_dDhZr

I posted the best 148 pictures only into this gallery. I just don't have time to process all the pics anymore like I used too so I am going to try something new. I will choose the best 150 and post those into a gallery the rest will be put into locked galleries undedited. Not very comfortable posting unedited pics but I just don't see any other way to do it. This was the last wedding I posted that has all the "proofs" edited my following weddings/proofs are being posted to smug mug without being edited.
    <br>
    Anyone else post your weddings this way?
    <br>
    Thanks again everyone for your feedback!