Options

Questions about Sunpak B 3600 AF

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited June 6, 2005 in Technique
Hello guys!

Yesterday, buy a coincident, walking by, I glanced in through a display window on a "Second Hand Store" and among all the rubbish, I caught site of this Sunpak B 3600 AF (For CANON AUTO FOCUS Cameras). I popped in to check it up. It seemed functionall, and they only asked 26,37 USD for it. I mounted it on my Canon EOS 10D, and yes, it acutally worked.

But I have no clue if it really "cooperate" with the my camera? And if it does, nore how to operate it. There is no buttons, it's fully automatic.

Does anyone know this flash? Can't find any info. about it on the net. It's not listed on (www.sunpak.com) Perhaps it's outmoded? This one though, seem brand new!

PS: Sometimes when I use this flash, it's like the shutter hits twice, if you know what I mean! Not "Click-Click", but "Click-click-Click-click". But not all the times. Supposed to be that way? But it seem to me that when it does, the exposures get spot on.

Regards / Matty

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    I would be careful with that flash. Measure the trigger voltage. I read somewhere that it has something like 180 volts, which in my opinon is too high for digital cameras.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Ok! Well, I'm a complete moron when it comes...
    .... to electronicall matters like measuring voltages and drawing conclusion from the reading. *Haha* But I guess I could do it if I put my head to it. I've been using my Sunpak 383 Super with the 10D for about a year. I guess the trigger voltages is the same on that one? Perhaps I should stop using it before I know!
    My next purchase is a Speedlight! I don't know wich one I should go for. 420EX or the 580EX, naturally I'd like the 580EX, but there is quite some different price tag.

Matty
    I would be careful with that flash. Measure the trigger voltage. I read somewhere that it has something like 180 volts, which in my opinon is too high for digital cameras.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    The 383 has a trigger voltage around 6 volts which is safe to use. The newer flash units should all be safe to use. It's just the older ones with nearly line voltegae or greater that you have to worry about with digital cameras.

elfving73 wrote:
    .... to electronicall matters like measuring voltages and drawing conclusion from the reading. *Haha* But I guess I could do it if I put my head to it. I've been using my Sunpak 383 Super with the 10D for about a year. I guess the trigger voltages is the same on that one? Perhaps I should stop using it before I know!
    My next purchase is a Speedlight! I don't know wich one I should go for. 420EX or the 580EX, naturally I'd like the 580EX, but there is quite some different price tag.

Matty
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Matty,
    Check out this thread:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=12757

Find my post on the first page and follow the links.

May help answer your question.
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Mongrel wrote:
    Check out this thread:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=12757

Find my post on the first page and follow the links.

May help answer your question.
    Awesome links to flash articles. Thanks!

Erich :D