Options

simple uploader moving at snail's pace

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited August 10, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I'm uploading 35 photos to a new gallery via the "Simple" uploader, and it is taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r. I know it's not terribly fast to begin with, but I don't remember it ever taking this long. So...FYI and, should I be using something else?

It's also not putting the photos in order as I've selected, which is pretty funny when I've got a sequence of my son diving (or divejumpflopping as I like to call it at this point) and the shots are all mixed up!
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    I know it's not terribly fast to begin with,

It's screamingly fast - it's our fastest uploader. I'm sorry you're having a slow time! Please write our Support Heroes and give us details and we'll do some diagnostic tests with you. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    But I see uploading is slow... I'm not sure if it's 'the internet' or if it's us... I've called our engineers.

Stay tuned.
  • Options
    iMaciMac Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 9, 2009
    It's also really slow for me tonight as well, using the iPhoto plugin to export 145 photo's in the last hour and a half it has only gotten 27 photo's uploaded. I have never experienced this slow of upload speed, and I have always used this plugin with no issues.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    It's screamingly fast - it's our fastest uploader. I'm sorry you're having a slow time! Please write our Support Heroes and give us details and we'll do some diagnostic tests with you. Thanks.

Thanks, Andy. It seems to have sped up a little bit and I now have 26 of 35 up, but I'll write the help desk if it happens again. At the beginning, it told me it would take over 70 minutes to load 35 photos. Does that seem right or am I just being impatient?

EDIT: OK...maybe I'm not so crazy as there are others noticing it, too. Thanks!
    Elaine

• Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Painfully slow for me as well at 8:25pm EST.

6 photos have taken over 5 minutes, have failed and retried a few times as well......

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    It took an hour and 15 mins to upload 45 photos last night on the "simple" uploader. Gaaaa!
    Elaine wrote:
    I'm uploading 35 photos to a new gallery via the "Simple" uploader, and it is taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r. I know it's not terribly fast to begin with, but I don't remember it ever taking this long. So...FYI and, should I be using something else?

It's also not putting the photos in order as I've selected, which is pretty funny when I've got a sequence of my son diving (or divejumpflopping as I like to call it at this point) and the shots are all mixed up!
  • Options
    HoyBoyHoyBoy Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    It appears that the site is down.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/smugmug.com

I discovered this trying to upload images.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    Zanotti wrote:
    Painfully slow for me as well at 8:25pm EST.

6 photos have taken over 5 minutes, have failed and retried a few times as well......

Z

Now at 8:55 the site is completely down, all my uploads timed out or errored out and are presumed to be lost......
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    Yep, Smug looks to be down.
    Elaine

• Options
    HoyBoyHoyBoy Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Oh, and Andy, just for the record, I checked here first: http://smugmug.wordpress.com/

mwink.gif

EDIT: Dang! Just checked again and he posted something! :D
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    HoyBoy wrote:
    Oh, and Andy, just for the record, I checked here first: http://smugmug.wordpress.com/

mwink.gif
    http://smugmug.wordpress.com/ check now.
  • Options
    Tina ManleyTina Manley Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    I'm glad to know it's not just me!! Can we get some information on when it might be back up?

Tina
    www.tinamanley.com
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    I'm glad to know it's not just me!! Can we get some information on when it might be back up?

Tina
    www.tinamanley.com
    http://smugmug.wordpress.com/ we'll post here when we have more to say.
  • Options
    JEphotographyJEphotography Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    http://smugmug.wordpress.com/ we'll post here when we have more to say.

It looks like you have a mistake on your We're down page... Just FYI :-)

The site you are trying to access is hosted by SmugMug.

We're having some temporary technical difficulties. We're working on them at the moment, and expect service to return shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience. We're investigating a problem with the site. Hopefully it'll only take a few minutes. We're not happy about it, of course, but we are prepared for it and expect there to be no data loss or any long-term reduction in service. You can learn more and follow our progess on our Support Forum and our Service Updates Blog. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    progess
    we'll fix it.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2009
    At 7:20am EST Monday, I am still getting multiple errors , as well as failure to loads. Are all the files that continue to show waiting to load from last night gone?:

615682066_BPNgz-L.jpg