Options

Need a new Crumpler

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited August 12, 2009 in Accessories
So I'm pretty much settled on my kit and am realizing that the Crumpler bag I have now will not hold it all. Looking for suggestions.
The kit will include
Canon 50D - no grip; 17-55 2.8 with hood attached
Canon 10-22 with hood
Canon 70-200 f/4 IS with hood
Canon 430EX flash
Tripod
CF cards, battery, microfiber cloth, etc
Ideally, room for the Lenovo S10e 10.1 inch netbook as well

So I'm looking at the Crumpler 5 or 6 million dollar homes but am open to other suggestions as well.
Thanks!
E

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Crumplers are amazing, but you can cross off the 5 or 6 million dollar off the list if you want the lappy and tripod and it's a tight squeeze for body + three lenses + flash. The seven million is a maybe for most of the gear (minus tripod + lappy)

I have the five and seven million dolllar bags as well as a few backpacks and other carrying cases.

I suggest you look at the backpacks unless you have your heart set on the messenger style bag. Also, the bazillion dollar bag is HUGE, and too big for some people or too small when all the gear doesn't fit. I also heard good things about the Kata bags.

I own this.

And there's a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home Review on dgrin.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I have the Crumpler Tallee/Tall-E and am finding myself outgrowing it but wanting to stay with the messenger style bags. I have looked around to try to figure out if the 6 or 7 million dollar home would be the right size for me. Removing the netbook from the equation, I have seen photos of the 10-22 and flash on one side, 70-200 on the other and the 50d with 17-55 face down in the middle.
    I don't want to end up with too big a bag nor do I want to buy too small and outgrow... Also, there is the price differential - 110 vs 140. I'm trying to decide now as bing.com/ebags.com are having a great deal and I can get the 6 million dollar home for about $75 shipped!
    Any further thoughts?
    Thanks again!
    E

the photo I saw on cambags.com for the 6:
    crumpler_6_million_dollar_home_canon_40d_ModBoyzz_IMG_1354%20copy_small.jpg
  • Options
    run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Your camera, lenses and flash alone would be a tight fit for the 6 million. That's the one I use, generally. I think you're looking at a 7, minimum. The Brazillion would be too big, but you might want to take a closer look at the 8 million. I'm 90% sure there is a 8 million... :D
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2009
    Thank you both. Just cancelled the order for the 6MDH and put one in for the 7MDH.
    I'll post back when it comes in.
    E
  • Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    nice choice...i have the 6M$H and it is way too small for your needs.
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2009
    As an FYI for anyone who is in the market for bags, if you search for a bag (such as crumpler) on bing.com (and login with a hotmail account), you can get 35% off at ebags.com. They also have free shipping on bags over $75. The 6 million bag was $71 after all that; the 7 is $91.
    E
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,848 moderator
    edited August 12, 2009
    run_kmc wrote:
    Your camera, lenses and flash alone would be a tight fit for the 6 million. That's the one I use, generally. I think you're looking at a 7, minimum. The Brazillion would be too big, but you might want to take a closer look at the 8 million. I'm 90% sure there is a 8 million... :D

Run_kmc, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Yes, there is an 8 Million Dollar Home:

http://www.crumplerbags.com/Lite/English/Products/8-Million-Dollar-Home-MD0810A.html
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,848 moderator
    edited August 12, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    As an FYI for anyone who is in the market for bags, if you search for a bag (such as crumpler) on bing.com (and login with a hotmail account), you can get 35% off at ebags.com. They also have free shipping on bags over $75. The 6 million bag was $71 after all that; the 7 is $91.
    E

Wonderful tip. Thanks thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    E

Thanks for this info! I just ordered a 4 MDH and got it in on Monday. I should have waited! Maybe I'll just use this opportunity to get a bigger one for when I need it. I'm impressed with the bag. Worth the money, even without 35% off.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200