Options

Spider Macro

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited June 7, 2005 in Holy Macro
Yesterday one of the ladies I work with gave me a Spider :clap :clap :clap I appear to have them well trained at work now :rofl and noticed they are getting just as much pleasure in giving me Spiders and Bugs as I do at receiving them :lol

Here's one shot I got today, I let the Spider go already, haven't had a look at all the images I took yet, so hopefully I will get more time tomorrow to process more :D this shot is hand held, Canon 20D with 100mm Macro + One Kenko Tube + External Flash used ......... I love my new camera gear I really do :lust Enjoy......... Skippy (Australia)

IMG_3459Ed1Web.jpg
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Nice shot Skippythumb.gif You've got to be the only person I know who is happy when somebody gives them a spiderrolleyes1.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Said the spider to the fly "Get your butt over here" :D

Just looks like its waiting Skippy. Nice and sharp and great selective focus. Also a darn good comp and perspective IMO.

All the best next door my macro friend mwink.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2005
    I Love it When They Give Me Spiders
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    Nice shot Skippythumb.gif You've got to be the only person I know who is happy when somebody gives them a spiderrolleyes1.gif

Eric
    Hi Eric & Susan.......ohhhhhhh I get a real thrill when I get given a bug :D
    Don't find many at all where I live.
    I appreciate them looking out for things for me to Photograph :D
    Skippy (Australia)

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2005
    He was hard to Photograph
    nzmacro wrote:
    Said the spider to the fly "Get your butt over here" :D

Just looks like its waiting Skippy. Nice and sharp and great selective focus. Also a darn good comp and perspective IMO.

All the best next door my macro friend mwink.gif Danny.
    Hi Danny .........even though this was a rather large spider, he was really hard to photograph.

The body was large, but the face was really small not easy to see the eyes at all......and he insisted in being upside down and under a leaf.....musta been a male spider *cough*cough* eek7.gif cranky buggar he was too rolleyes1.gif so I simply let him go......I just got home from doing some night shots in Williamstown and around Geelong......it's late and I haven't had a chance to look at any of the shots yet, or any more of the spider shots either.

I'll get time during the week......take care Danny, hope to post some more soon.........Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Really great shot skippy. Keep 'em coming.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2005
    Thanks Thomas
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Really great shot skippy. Keep 'em coming.
    I need more people to supply me with bugs :D
    This fellow was determined to stay hidden under the leaves so there wasn't much I could do about his desire to be upside down rolleyes1.gif

Glad you liked it :D I wish I could find one with really really big EYES eek7.gif

Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Thats cool. Good job. I like your new equipment too. Good picture.thumb.gif
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2005
    Thank you Rufio220
    Rufio220 wrote:
    Thats cool. Good job. I like your new equipment too. Good picture.thumb.gif
    You know when I first moved from a Sony F707, to a Sony F828, I struggled for a while, and then 12 months down the track when I decided it was time to move onto a DSLR, I worried that I might have bitten off more than I could chew.

To my surprise it wasn't as hard to make the move as I had thought it would be, I am extremely happy with the results I am getting.......ohhhhhh but that want for more "GLASS" is a killer rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif:D thanks for looking.

Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 7, 2005
    Very nice Skippy thumb.gifthumb.gif Been waiting awhile for one of your ugly (the spiders, not your shots) spidey macros....lol

Yeah, I agree, you need to find one of those bad boys with like 20 eyes....lol Those are really scary looking clap.gif

Another super macro and thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2005
    Hi Steve
    Very nice Skippy thumb.gifthumb.gif Been waiting awhile for one of your ugly (the spiders, not your shots) spidey macros....lol

Yeah, I agree, you need to find one of those bad boys with like 20 eyes....lol Those are really scary looking clap.gif

Another super macro and thanks for sharing, Steve
    Spiders are not something I have a lot of around my place...... being winter the trees are completely bare, most of the plant I have in are not even 12 months old yet, so I have to rely on other people to find them and give them to me.

I wish Kelly would find me another Scorpion, those are really cool close-up.
    Thanks for looking Steve.......... Skippy (Australia)