Options

I missed DSS#30

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited August 12, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm pretty bummed, but I still wanted to try my idea and post it up. I really enjoy the challenges because they force me to expand my thoughts on photography. Feel free to leave comments, I always appreciate them. I'm also making my way through the entrants and will leave comments where I can.

Self-portraits

1)
616189736_B9ffb-L.jpg

2)
616188382_3qEFV-L.jpg
- Joe
http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    I like the concept and they are well executed, except I find the facial shadows a bit disturbing. That's not necessarily bad, because it makes me think about them a bit more.

The shadow on your nose in the 2nd emphasize the shape of it.

In neither one are both eyes visible.
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Hey Silver..

So... finally a face to go with the name? Awesome..

I like the first shot better.. The second one is ok, but I am not fond of the spoke looking like it is going up "into" his nose.. However, I like the profile and view of your face in the #2nd one, gotta love that serious look in your eye...

I am big on shadow play.. and I love what you did in #1 with the shadows on the wall.. My only nit is that I would have preferred a completed half shadow across the face, instead of the semi-circle shadow that fills in toward the nose.....

Bummer you missed the deadline.. but nice work all the same...thumb.gif hopefully you will keep a close eye on the calendar for this next round, it would be cool to see you back in the game..mwink.gif

Kat

Edit: I just now noticed the Joe in your signature.. I have never noticed it before.. Well, I am so used to calling you Silver, I am going to have to re-train myself.. haha..
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Thanks for the comments WSS and Kat!

When it comes to human form, I really like shadow-play and low-key stuff too mwink.gif.

Should be in the game for DSS#31. I've been racking my brain since Monday. headscratch.gif
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Well hopefully the racking will pay off..mwink.gif

Look forward to seeing what you come up with as always..

Kat