Options

Beach Wedding

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited August 16, 2009 in Weddings
Thanks for looking, Any comments help, suggestions are always welcomed!
619023318_PzQWG-L.jpg
619023252_nS6YL-L.jpg
619023200_tmTWe-L.jpg

The brides maids (all 9 of them) helped construct their bouquets, a handful of lilies wrapped up with a black ribbon, they were perfect!
619023174_DGpow-L.jpg

Close up detail of the dress
619023126_QTPmA-L.jpg

The Gown
619023467_DybSX-L.jpg

The brides step mom when she first saw the bride in her dress
619023060_sLTKU-L.jpg

619023424_9aGcj-L.jpg

619023164_QSKqu-L.jpg

619023398_iGDWv-L.jpg

619023332_dnXfE-L.jpg

Ok, now I know that everyone says that their flower girl is the cutest, well, I think this one tops any that I've ever seen!
619022821_DGiTo-L.jpg

Her dad cried all day, it was adorable.
619022794_8N7p7-L.jpg

Flower girl, and ring boy, brother and sister. :D
619022980_MrYsd-L.jpg

619022791_2HHdR-L.jpg

619022948_iYMP2-L.jpg

619022875_eMfyk-L.jpg

619022642_VUjth-L.jpg

I offered this pic, both with and without the people in the background, I like this one the best, shows the surroundings of the day!
619022893_BgeMa-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    Oh this set is really pretty! Nice detail shots!!! clap.gif

Not going to comment on them all ... just a few :D

#6 Very pretty, just wish you would have moved the bag / clothes on the left

#11. Hmm, not sure, doesn't do it for me. Nice shot of the glasses for the arm kind of ruins it for me :cry

#13. very pretty, good moment iloveyou.gif

#17. Usually not a big fan of layers, mostly because it usually looks overdone. BUT this one is very pretty clap.gif

#18. So is this one :D

Nice set clap.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    Wow, that is the brides STEP mom? They look so much a like!

Really nice work, here. I pretty much agree with Angie about everything she said...

My fave is #6... just wish it was straight. Love your fun processing with the textures. Looks very retro.

Makes me wish I had a dresmakers form I could bring to weddings... come to think of it, I am going to check out how much they are!
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    These are wonderful! Really like 6 and 11. 6 with the bag on the floor is far more story telling and I like the tilt in this too. 11 even with the arm is great. I like that there is something in the foreground. Arm probably isn't the ideal something, but it isn't awful imo. The detail shots here as a whole are really good.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Makes me wish I had a dresmakers form I could bring to weddings... come to think of it, I am going to check out how much they are!

You can probably pick one up dirt cheap on Craigslist. It will likely be the adjustable kind (since that's what most people own as they're readily available), but you can also get some pieces of muslin/calico at JoAnn's and cover it (with padding if you want) and then use it like that. Actually, looking again I see the OP has disguised the adjusting knob pretty well just by the angle she shot :D Shouldn't be too hard to come up with a cheap and easy way of covering/minimizing/avoiding it altogether :D

OP, really lovely set - like the textures a lot! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    You can probably pick one up dirt cheap on Craigslist. It will likely be the adjustable kind (since that's what most people own as they're readily available), but you can also get some pieces of muslin/calico at JoAnn's and cover it (with padding if you want) and then use it like that. Actually, looking again I see the OP has disguised the adjusting knob pretty well just by the angle she shot :D Shouldn't be too hard to come up with a cheap and easy way of covering/minimizing/avoiding it altogether :D

OP, really lovely set - like the textures a lot! thumb.gif

Yep I already checked craigslist local... and no dice. Ebay has them for around $100... and then another $100 for shipping. Aaaack. Sometimes there are drawbacks to having to have everything shipped.
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Yep I already checked craigslist local... and no dice. Ebay has them for around $100... and then another $100 for shipping. Aaaack. Sometimes there are drawbacks to having to have everything shipped.
    I got the same adjustable maroon dressform 5-6 years ago from Joann's for less than $100. I just checked their website http://www.joann.com/joann/search/search_results.jsp?CATID=cat1110&keywords=dressmaker+form&notMail=true&_requestid=693894 and they have some for $129 on sale. Hopefully, there's a Joann's near you.

Edit- Oh pfft, the ones on sale are online only, with shipping being approx. $15. I wonder if they have separate sales in stores as well, though.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009

I'm sure if you watch for it, one will turn up. Yard sales, too....

I wish you lived closer - you could borrow mine for weddings!
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    I didn't even think about Joann's... I have one less than 2 miles from my house. I'll have to check it out.

Sorry to the OP about stealing your thread in honor of your cool idea!
  • Options
    CSR StudioCSR Studio Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    I guess I'm the only one but it seems too many detail shots. I guess I can't stop thinking what will sell. I really like 17 and especially 18, I love that they are going in for the kiss but aren't there yet, anticipation, everybody loves that.
  • Options
    harvey3harvey3 Banned Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    wedding is indeed a very nice event to cover.
    imagine shoting once very important event of their life.

I like your shots!
    I am inspired. Thanks for sharing. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2009
    Thank you all for your very kind comments, I have to say that Number 6 was, well let's just say, I wasn't excited about it at first, I had placed the dress with help on a beautiful doorway set and left the room for a few minutes to cover another one in the makeup chair, when I came back the brides step mom had moved the dress and placed it on this stand. I was a little worried that I wasn't going to be able to hide it, and then when I started moving stuff around, I was in love. I see that I didn't include it, but I have another shot of the dress like this but no clutter, this one was to just show how gorgeous it was in among all the other things going on that day.

576292034_vnisB-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2009
    mmmatt wrote:
    These are wonderful! Really like 6 and 11. 6 with the bag on the floor is far more story telling and I like the tilt in this too. 11 even with the arm is great. I like that there is something in the foreground. Arm probably isn't the ideal something, but it isn't awful imo. The detail shots here as a whole are really good.

Matt

Thanks Matt, number 6 was my telling the story of the day picture more than the "portrait" of the dress picture, which I added above! Number 11 was kind of a cool champagne, all the girls (12 of them) squeezed into a limo on the way to the service, there was so much going on, I couldn't help but capture that arm!!!

Thank you kindly for your compliments! I appreciate them!
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2009
    I didn't even think about Joann's... I have one less than 2 miles from my house. I'll have to check it out.

Sorry to the OP about stealing your thread in honor of your cool idea!

No problem!!!:D :D
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2009
    CSR Studio wrote:
    I guess I'm the only one but it seems too many detail shots. I guess I can't stop thinking what will sell. I really like 17 and especially 18, I love that they are going in for the kiss but aren't there yet, anticipation, everybody loves that.

Ahh, I have lots of actual wedding stuff, the line ups for the peeps, the family shots, the ceremony....we've all been there done that, and imo, anyone can shoot that, which anyone with a camera attending seem to feel the need to do it these days!rolleyes1.gifmwink.gif

What sells my clients on hiring me are my detail shots, at least that's what they tell me, so I fill em up with those!thumb.gif

Thanks for the compliments on 17 and 18, some of my all time favorites of my own work!:D
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2009
    harvey3 wrote:
    wedding is indeed a very nice event to cover.
    imagine shoting once very important event of their life.

I like your shots!
    I am inspired. Thanks for sharing. clap.gif

It's a really fun thing to do, I love weddings, I get emotionally involved, and end up laughing & crying with the rest of them!!

Thanks for the compliments!!:D
  • Options
    CSR StudioCSR Studio Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    cdonovan wrote:
    Ahh, I have lots of actual wedding stuff, the line ups for the peeps, the family shots, the ceremony....we've all been there done that, and imo, anyone can shoot that, which anyone with a camera attending seem to feel the need to do it these days!rolleyes1.gifmwink.gif

What sells my clients on hiring me are my detail shots, at least that's what they tell me, so I fill em up with those!thumb.gif

Thanks for the compliments on 17 and 18, some of my all time favorites of my own work!:D

You are right, anyone can shoot it, but it's how you shoot it that matters.