Options

Shooting eggs

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I liked Chris Moore's shots so much, I had to try it myself. Not having a trigger, I simply shot immediately after firing the gun. It took a bit of trial and error, but moving the gun far enough back, we had time to guess the shot. My son fired and I did the shutter.

Thoughts?

#1:

#2:

#3:
[

Oh yeah, and he is right about the mess - be prepared to do some cleaning after you finish.

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    That's some great communication with your son!!!

The images are amazing, even if you didn't tell us that you hand-sync'ed the shots. I'm impressed!!! bowdown.gif

That must have been a lot of eggs on the floor -- hopefully you had a lot of painters plastic down.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    Humpty Dumpty
    Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    PinkShoesRCoolPinkShoesRCool Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    That is so cool! Love the 3 next to each other and the title cracked me up. rolleyes1.gif Thanks for the smile!
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    Humpty Dumpty #2
    Humpty Dumpty #2
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 14, 2009
    Pretty dang impressive if you ask me! thumb.gif
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Wow! Having read through Stopping Time - the Photographs of Harold Edgerton several times (it's one of my favorite photography books, right up there with H2O by Howard Schatz), I must say that I am very impressed! These are some absolutely incredible images! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    These are really good thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif but I need to ask -- you shot this with a gun?? What kind of gun if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    These are really good thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif but I need to ask -- you shot this with a gun?? What kind of gun if you don't mind me asking?

I shot the eggs in RAW, so they were "RAW eggs"!

To break them, I used a .177 caliber pellet gun. You have to aim eggactly where they are and then shoot. I had a large mat as a backstop and made both of us wear safety glasses.

I yelled pull, he shot, and I set the shutter. With the flash on 1/64 it will recycle with new batteries almost immediately.

Z
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Zanotti wrote:
    I shot the eggs in RAW, so they were "RAW eggs"!

To break them, I used a .177 caliber pellet gun. You have to aim eggactly where they are and then shoot. I had a large mat as a backstop and made both of us wear safety glasses.

I yelled pull, he shot, and I set the shutter. With the flash on 1/64 it will recycle with new batteries almost immediately.

Z

Never thought about a pellet gun -- I was thinking about a BB-gun. Again...wonderful photos thumb.gif And fun to take too :D
  • Options
    Phil TompsonPhil Tompson Banned Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Fantastic. I love the "shot". :-)
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    I'm truly amazed that you could manually sync the pellet rifle shot & your camera.

Fantastic job Z thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Zanotti wrote:
    Humpty Dumpty

Awesome!!! Love the series...
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited August 24, 2009
    Very cool and great timing. bowdown.gif