Options

Multimedia vs. video

MnemosyneMnemosyne Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited August 15, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
I noticed there isn't a section for multimedia/slideshows (and if there is, ignore this post, but I haven't seen it). I'm just wondering, are multimedia/audio slideshow presentations just considered video, simply because they are exported as such?

I only ask because multimedia was my focus when I went back to school, and kind of feel silly posting them to video, since they aren't actually videos and may be judged as such.
Audentes fortuna iuvat

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,205 moderator
    edited August 15, 2009
    Mnemosyne wrote:
    I noticed there isn't a section for multimedia/slideshows (and if there is, ignore this post, but I haven't seen it). I'm just wondering, are multimedia/audio slideshow presentations just considered video, simply because they are exported as such?
    I only ask because multimedia was my focus when I went back to school, and kind of feel silly posting them to video, since they aren't actually videos and may be judged as such.

If they can be viewed in the Action forum, you are more than welcome to present them there for show, critique, or for any other reason. There are a huge number of creative forum members that are into more than just still pics or video. While we don't have a multimedia forum per se, Action would be the best bet, I'd think, for your work. The Big Picture might be another.

And you could always link to your work in place of embedding.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky