Options

Want to create sub-category when creating gallery

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited June 8, 2005 in SmugMug Support
When I go to create a new gallery, I sometimes want to put it in a sub-category. I've been surprised to find that I can't create a sub-category in the same screen that I create a new gallery. I'd like to be able to just specify a new sub-category at the same time that I create a new gallery. As it is today, I hit the New Gallery button, realize I want a new sub-category and can't create it there, cancel out of that operation, go find how to create a new sub-category (which wasn't all that easy to find either), then come back to create a new gallery.

This could be a lot simpler if you could just specify the category and a new sub-category name right in the screen where you create a new gallery.

Thanks for listening.

--John
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    I second this request! It's real annoying to have to cancel, then navigate someplace else to create a category.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    While I can't offer you one-click solution
    jfriend wrote:
    This could be a lot simpler if you could just specify the category and a new sub-category name right in the screen where you create a new gallery.

Thanks for listening.

--John
    With Star*Explorer you can create a Category and then immediately Subcategory while being in the same familiar "explorer-style" tree structure. You can even create a bunch at a time. Same goes about albums. At least you don't have to jump from screen to screen and wait for reload..:-)

HTH
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"