Options

WTB: Meade #64 T-Adapter for Telescope

Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
I recently purchased a Meade ETX 90C telescope for my family. This is a very popular amateur scope. The T-Adapter is half of what's needed to take photos through the scope. If anyone wants to sell theirs please let me know.

I do Paypal and live near Seattle.
Thanks,

M

Comments

• Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    It will help if we know what camera this will be mounting to.

You might also call Glaziers Camera, in Seattle, and see what they have in stock. T-mount adapters are rather cheap.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Chris, the camera mount type is irrelevant. The T-adapter converts the telescope threads to a T-mount. Then a separate T-mount adapter is used to connect the camera.
    I'm interested in the former; the latter is a commonly obtained item.

M
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    OK. I know/understand this. But usually you get all of this as one set when you by the adapter, right? (at least this is my understanding when I bought mine for Nikon)

So, did you loose yours?
    Guess I don't understand why not just buy a new cheap set...
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Chris, this piece is wholly and totally separate from a camera T-mount adapter. It is specific to a line of Meade telescopes. Anyone with a Meade telescope who might have one of these for sale would understand. And no, they don't come as a matched a set with a camera T-mount adapter.

I recently purchased this telescope from another person who did not use a camera attached.

M

Seymore wrote:
    OK. I know/understand this. But usually you get all of this as one set when you by the adapter, right? (at least this is my understanding when I bought mine for Nikon)

So, did you loose yours?
    Guess I don't understand why not just buy a new cheap set...
  • Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Chris, this piece is wholly and totally separate from a camera T-mount adapter. It is specific to a line of Meade telescopes. Anyone with a Meade telescope who might have one of these for sale would understand. And no, they don't come as a matched a set with a camera T-mount adapter.

I recently purchased this telescope from another person who did not use a camera attached.

M
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... IC now. Thanks for clarifying. I appreicate the dialog. I suspect others may have also suspected as I did and this helps us to help you. Looks like Henry may have found a link to your item. Good luck with your search/purchase.