Options

Read/Post to Dgrin from iPhone?

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
i'm a new owner of an iPhone and was wondering if there is an easy way to view and post to dgrin short of using safari. i do use netnewswire as my rss reader but was not impressed with how it handled dgrin threads and it does not allow posts/replies. searched the app store but did not see anything under dgrin.
Appreciate any suggestions,
E

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited January 20, 2009
    Thread bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited January 25, 2009
    Those I know who are iphone and dgrin users use Safari.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    i'm a new owner of an iPhone and was wondering if there is an easy way to view and post to dgrin short of using safari. i do use netnewswire as my rss reader but was not impressed with how it handled dgrin threads and it does not allow posts/replies. searched the app store but did not see anything under dgrin.
    Appreciate any suggestions,
    E

There's a new iPhone app talked Tapatalk that allows you to easily browse/post on vBulletin or phpBB forums once the forum admin installs a server-side extension. I've used it to access another vBulletin based forum and think it's quite nice. I'd LOVE to see it installed on dgrin!! Safari works, but it's a pain to browse a forum on it.

The plugin for the iphone is $2.99, but the server-side stuff is free. Might be worth checking out! thumb.gif

Note - I'm not affiliated with the Tapatalk folks, I just stumbled on it while using the forums at studentdoctor.net (huge forum - almost 8 million posts).
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited August 24, 2009
    CSwinton wrote:
    There's a new iPhone app talked Tapatalk that allows you to easily browse/post on vBulletin or phpBB forums once the forum admin installs a server-side extension. I've used it to access another vBulletin based forum and think it's quite nice. I'd LOVE to see it installed on dgrin!! Safari works, but it's a pain to browse a forum on it.

The plugin for the iphone is $2.99, but the server-side stuff is free. Might be worth checking out! thumb.gif

Note - I'm not affiliated with the Tapatalk folks, I just stumbled on it while using the forums at studentdoctor.net (huge forum - almost 8 million posts).

Thanks. We'll look into this.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?