Serendipity…

Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I've been sorting out some of my slides recently and came across many which I took when I lived in the UK in the 1970s.

I was taking pictures in the local town, using a mirror lens and experimenting with contre-jour lighting.

622596186_5qXKW-L.jpg

622600092_YEdKq-L.jpg

I was in the process of taking a picture of two police-men (apparently illegal now, but these were taken in the mid 1970s), and another chap walked straight in front of me…

629149793_enE2H-L.jpg

so… (calls on PS)

629169635_mvRtT-L.jpg

There are more from when I lived in the UK here ( http://wildavis.smugmug.com/People/various/8524806_sAk4i/1/559785539_euyPP )

- Wil
"…………………" - Marcel Marceau

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    I like the first one--I just get a kick out of seeing shots of people's feet and here I like the combination of fashion boots and "sturdy" shoes. Also like the one of the policewoman--she looks like she means business. It's fun to see what we dredge up from old 35mm slides and negatives. Thanks for sharing.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I like the first one--I just get a kick out of seeing shots of people's feet and here I like the combination of fashion boots and "sturdy" shoes. Also like the one of the policewoman--she looks like she means business. It's fun to see what we dredge up from old 35mm slides and negatives. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the comments. The "policewoman" is actually a female traffic-warden but not quite in the "Lovely Rita" league. This particular lady was well known in the town, and had the demeanour befitting a servant of the judicial system, which I thought came over quite well in the picture. You will notice that it was grabbed using a long-focus lens; I dread to think what might have happened if I'd been spotted by the dragon… eek7.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    That's funny about "the dragon," 'cause when I looked the first time I thought that guy walking towards the traffic warden ought to have gone the other way . . .
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Thanks for the comments. The "policewoman" is actually a female traffic-warden but not quite in the "Lovely Rita" league. This particular lady was well known in the town, and had the demeanour befitting a servant of the judicial system, which I thought came over quite well in the picture. You will notice that it was grabbed using a long-focus lens; I dread to think what might have happened if I'd been spotted by the dragon… eek7.gif

- Wil
    Oh my word, she's so "Cell Block H" it's not even funny! Dragon indeed.... rolleyes1.gif

Great shots. thumb.gif