#32 - Inside the ring - wadda think?

jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
edited August 29, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
* edited to add 2nd photo

Hi guys!

Still trying to get in the swing of using this forum prior to the submission. It usually takes me two weeks to figure out what I am going to do. With that said, I am trying to do this forum thing and would love to take advantage of the talents in this room.

So, here we go...

A different perspective: ... wonder what things look like from a different point of view.

I spend a lot of time "ring side" and taking photos of other types of fighting.. martial arts kind of stuff. So my idea is to get the shot from inside the ring, so to speak... a different perspective for me, indeed. What does it look like to be the competitor? I have set out to take photos where the camera is the recipient of the hit (or victim, if you will).

I took this photo last night as well as a couple of shots lying down in the ring as if I were just knocked down and have the boxer standing over me. I will try to get one of those up as well (*now added). Other ideas include a karate kick from a similar perspective.

What do you guys think? :scratch

I call this one "The last thing I remember ..."

631775200_7ywvU-L.jpg

here is the 2nd photo:

I call this one "get up boy!, get up!"
631856720_KTh4a-L.jpg

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Awesome photo, fits #32 perfectly thumb.gif, but you qualified for the Mega Challenge, my friend. deal.gif So let's see some "sound" shots from you! wings.gif
    Once, roughly every quarter, the top 5 winners from each round will be eligible to play in a themed Mega-Challenge. This Mega-Challenge will be judged by a panel to determine the winner. At the same time, the first round for the next quarter will begin, and ONLY non-Mega-Challenge players may compete in this round.
  • jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Sound is hard...
    richtersl wrote:
    Awesome photo, fits #32 perfectly thumb.gif, but you qualified for the Mega Challenge, my friend. deal.gif So let's see some "sound" shots from you! wings.gif

too funny. :D

Sound is harder, I think.
    I am working on it.... trust me I am working on it. Should have something soon. I bought my props yesterday.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    richtersl wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif

Fantastic photo!!! and I like the title "The last thing I remember ..." rolleyes1.gif

Funny about your choice of challenge :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited August 27, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    Funny about your choice of challenge :D

You lost me. Can I not do both? headscratch.gif
    edited August 27, 2009
    jeffgroves wrote:
    You lost me. Can I not do both? headscratch.gif

Nope. Read the quote again in my first reply to you. It's from the DSS rules. ne_nau.gif
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Sure is a great shot though!
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • sbargesbarge Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Awesome shot Jeff! If you decide to do sound can I use this shot for my #32 entry? mwink.gif
    edited August 27, 2009
    Ohhh!
    richtersl wrote:
    Nope. Read the quote again in my first reply to you. It's from the DSS rules. ne_nau.gif

Well that changes everything, now doesn't it? (I am slow).

So! What do you think of SBarge's photo? rolleyes1.gif
    bowdown.gif SBarge, I think you will be much more likely to make it to the finalist round if you opted to stay away from my stuff. :D
    edited August 27, 2009
    sbarge wrote:
    Awesome shot Jeff! If you decide to do sound can I use this shot for my #32 entry? mwink.gif

Oh dang! I wanted to ask Jeff if I could use shot #1. :cry :giggle

Seriously, Jeff. Don't even worry about it. Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do for the Mega. :lurk
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Dang it Jeff - #1 is KILLER!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Dang it Jeff - #1 is KILLER!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

15524779-Ti.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    AWESOME shots. bowdown.gifclap

Now go think up something noisy :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Truly great shot! Love #1! What idiot came up with the idea you couldn't enter both rounds?! Pity!

:hide
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 29, 2009
    great shot Jeff. Now if he was making contacts with a sweaty face and sweat was flying...we could here the smack!ear.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    I can think of some "sound" ideas from your boxing shots also--I bet you can come up with something good for that challenge. (Or maybe a karate chop on a board . . . )

Challenge or not, I think both of these shots are fantastic!! I love the perspective, the colors, and the emotions on the fighter's face. It reminds me of some of the images I see in Photoshop magazine. Great stuff!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    jeffgroves wrote:
    * edited to add 2nd photo

Hi guys!

Still trying to get in the swing of using this forum prior to the submission. It usually takes me two weeks to figure out what I am going to do. With that said, I am trying to do this forum thing and would love to take advantage of the talents in this room.

So, here we go...

A different perspective: ... wonder what things look like from a different point of view.

I spend a lot of time "ring side" and taking photos of other types of fighting.. martial arts kind of stuff. So my idea is to get the shot from inside the ring, so to speak... a different perspective for me, indeed. What does it look like to be the competitor? I have set out to take photos where the camera is the recipient of the hit (or victim, if you will).

I took this photo last night as well as a couple of shots lying down in the ring as if I were just knocked down and have the boxer standing over me. I will try to get one of those up as well (*now added). Other ideas include a karate kick from a similar perspective.

What do you guys think? headscratch.gif

I call this one "The last thing I remember ..."

631775200_7ywvU-L.jpg

here is the 2nd photo:

I call this one "get up boy!, get up!"
    631856720_KTh4a-L.jpg

Hey Jeff, I wanna see the stuff you took that you don't feel is good enough. Maybe some of us wil have some ideas.

Neat images btw.

g
    edited August 29, 2009
    Just had a "sound" idea for the one you have captioned "Get up Boy, Get up". Doesn't a bell generally ring to signal the end of a round of boxing? If you want to pursue that, you can title it something to the effect of "End of the Round". Or, look at some of the other shots you took to see if one of them conveys that idea more clearly.