Options

Nikon no longer shipping the D700?

thegridrunnerthegridrunner Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
edited August 28, 2009 in Cameras
At Nikon Rumors, it was mentioned that Nikon is no longer shipping the D700 to Best Buy. According to the post, Nikon did the same thing before the D300s was announced. I guess this for the purpose of using up the existing inventories before the new D700s (if that is the name) is announced. Has anyone confirmed this? I hope the new camera has better video features than the D90. :photo

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Man what more can you do to the D700? It really is a phenomenal camera! But they are probably going to stash a video function into it.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    bmoreshooterbmoreshooter Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Perhaps a reasonably priced 24 mp camera.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Perhaps a reasonably priced 24 mp camera.

24mp: possible. Reasonably priced; not likely!:D
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2009
    According to Nikon Rumors, the new D700x will have 24.5 MP, Full-HD movie 24 fps, improved AF and self timer + mirror-up.

WOW bowdown.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    According to Nikon Rumors, the new D700x will have 24.5 MP, Full-HD movie 24 fps, improved AF and self timer + mirror-up.

WOW bowdown.gifclap.gif

Well, I hope the keep the non X version. From what I understand with the D3x, its all well and good until you start boosting the ISO's. And I'm guessing the price is about to blow through the roof. The D3X added what, 50%, maybe 60% to the cost of the D3? So I figure the D700x will probably run 4 grand? 4.5?ne_nau.gif

If the rumors are true.
  • Options
    IanJIanJ Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Was talking to a guy in a photo shop when I was looking at the D700 (which I do plan on buying in the next week or so :D) and he was saying that the only thing hes heard is that its a D700 with HD video support. Not too interested in that. Nor am I that interested in cramming more pixels in to the same size sensor. Better buy one while theres still some left!

Ian
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2009
    Personally, I prefer maybe 15 megapixels with 1080p video. I hope it has the option for both 24 and 30 frames. Having a video option is tremendous, especially if you want to branch out into different areas of photography (video). It would be nice not having to have to haul a video camera and a still camera around (like I did for the last air show)
  • Options
    dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    Personally, I prefer maybe 15 megapixels with 1080p video. I hope it has the option for both 24 and 30 frames. Having a video option is tremendous, especially if you want to branch out into different areas of photography (video). It would be nice not having to have to haul a video camera and a still camera around (like I did for the last air show)

I must be just old fashion to think that a good camera should not shoot video but then again it took me several years before I switched from film to digitalne_nau.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    dadwtwins wrote:
    I must be just old fashion to think that a good camera should not shoot video but then again it took me several years before I switched from film to digitalne_nau.gif

15524779-Ti.gif wholeheartedly - I get questioned enough about my still equipment when shooting in venues that do not permit video as it is. Now with so many DSLR's supporting video, it may just be a matter of time before they are *all* banned.:pissed
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 28, 2009
    Now with so many DSLR's supporting video, it may just be a matter of time before they are *all* banned.:pissed

Do they ban P&S cameras today? Try finding a P&S that doesn't support video.
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Do they ban P&S cameras today? Try finding a P&S that doesn't support video.
    At this point, I haven't seen that - but it may be more that I'm usually set up in the back of an auditorium with a tripod and a long lens continually trained on the stage. However, I'm sure a lot has to do with the fact that the retired corps of ushers can't tell the difference between a video camera and a DSLRne_nau.gif
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009

WOW bowdown.gifclap.gif
    I couldn't care less about the HD movie option, but if the rumours that it'll have 21+ mp are true, then I'll most certainly be interested. I've been waiting for them to realise the D700 needs to be able to capture detail comparable to that of the similar priced full frame Canon.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    the video footage on these camera is better than much of the footage found on prosumer cameras costing thousands of dollars. It is like getting a freebie high quality camcorder for the price of the still camera. I know plenty of filmmakers who brought the canon 5dII mainly for it's HD mode. I'm sure a lot of people who get a HD DSLR camera will find themselves eventually dabbling with filmmaking.