BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited June 13, 2005 in Landscapes
St Michael's on Sea

23665220-O.jpg

Umhlanga Rocks
23665221-O.jpg

Swartvlei Beach
23665223-O.jpg
(just saw that this corner needs some cloning :cry)

Comments most welcome...

regards
alan

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Brings back memorys mate

40C on the beach & 11C in the water eek7.gif

A friend i was visiting there (capetown) asked me if i was up for a dive to get some crays before breakfast. "Sure i said...where abouts ? "

"down under the rocks at the seal colony" he replied...:uhoh

He went alone...only one thing hangs out at a seal take-away in the southern ocean.

Gus
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Brings back memorys mate

40C on the beach & 11C in the water eek7.gif

A friend i was visiting there (capetown) asked me if i was up for a dive to get some crays before breakfast. "Sure i said...where abouts ? "

"down under the rocks at the seal colony" he replied...:uhoh

He went alone...only one thing hangs out at a seal take-away in the southern ocean.

Gus
    Thanks Gus. The beaches I showed have a lot warmer water than Cape Town (which is probably the same as Perth in your valley). I'd stay with you out of the water at the seal colony - all those great white thingies :uhoh

regards
    alan
  • Options
    KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    Homesick...
    Hi Alan,

Nice to see that you've made a jump from STF to Dgrin. In the past, I noticed that you were from good ol' SA so I thought I'd just mention that I am as well. Immigrated in '86 but it still feels like yesterday...especially when I see your beach picsclap.gif ...lekke! I love the 3rd one (Swartvlei), but it's Umhlanga that gets me - my mom's from Durban. Any more?

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2005
    KevinKal wrote:
    Hi Alan,

Nice to see that you've made a jump from STF to Dgrin. In the past, I noticed that you were from good ol' SA so I thought I'd just mention that I am as well. Immigrated in '86 but it still feels like yesterday...especially when I see your beach picsclap.gif ...lekke! I love the 3rd one (Swartvlei), but it's Umhlanga that gets me - my mom's from Durban. Any more?

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
    Hello Kevin,
    Thanks for looking. Got tired of the bickering on STF, so very glad to have found Dgrin.

Will put some more beach pics on my Smugmug site for you soon! Just to make you more homesick, just had some American guests here for late lunch and I made a venison potjie - it was luverly 1drink.gif(may post some pics for Andy!)

regards
    alan

ps: where are you in the states?
  • Options
    KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    Making my way around....
    My folks are in Atlanta, Georgia. I just spent 4 years at med school in Manhattan, NY, and relocated this week to San Antonio, Tx for residency. A fair amount of territory covered so far, eh? And seeing that it's lunch time here in Texas, I'd love some of that potjie! (and any biltong that might be going lonely rolleyes1.gif )

Kevin
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    Brings back memories, I used to travel to SA on business and would stay in Umhlanga Rocks when in the Durban area.

I'd like an excuse to go back. SA is one of my favorite countries and I had the chance to visit most of the large cities and some of the game reserves as well. Great food and plenty of Castle Lager - must be good thumb.gif
  • Options
    pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    Looks like a beautiful place! I LOVE that last one, it's a great shot.

-Amy
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2005
    KevinKal wrote:
    My folks are in Atlanta, Georgia. I just spent 4 years at med school in Manhattan, NY, and relocated this week to San Antonio, Tx for residency. A fair amount of territory covered so far, eh? And seeing that it's lunch time here in Texas, I'd love some of that potjie! (and any biltong that might be going lonely rolleyes1.gif )

Kevin
    Congrats on completing med school, and luck with the residency thumb.gif

You're never going to find lonely biltong :hotcake

regards
    alan
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2005
    david_h wrote:
    Brings back memories, I used to travel to SA on business and would stay in Umhlanga Rocks when in the Durban area.

I'd like an excuse to go back. SA is one of my favorite countries and I had the chance to visit most of the large cities and some of the game reserves as well. Great food and plenty of Castle Lager - must be good thumb.gif
    I'm also dying to get a chance to get to a game reserve to try out my new equipment! (Personally have gone off Castle - now Windhoek! :slurp)

Thanks for stopping by

regards
    alan
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2005
    pepper44 wrote:
    Looks like a beautiful place! I LOVE that last one, it's a great shot.

-Amy
    Thanks Amy. How are things going with the new camera?

regards
    alan