Calm bythe Creek

DavremdaliDavremdali Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited August 30, 2009 in Landscapes
632779169_k4Yo6-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    That is one large creek! I'm from the Northwest and our definition of a creek is a tad bit different. I'm just not seeing much in it. The water is a bit wind blown so I am not seeing the 'calm'. Thanks for sharing.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    +1

how was this shot? boat?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2009
    +1

how was this shot? boat?

This Photo was taken while on vacation with a point and shoot camera. I was on the shoreline. When I captured it.

Reynaldo Williams
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2009
    leaforte wrote:
    That is one large creek! I'm from the Northwest and our definition of a creek is a tad bit different. I'm just not seeing much in it. The water is a bit wind blown so I am not seeing the 'calm'. Thanks for sharing.

This actually a lake named Deep Creek Lake. Here is the info:
    At 3900 acres, Deep Creek is Maryland’s largest lake, and offers wooded campsites in a secluded state park along the lake’s shore. The lake is a dozen miles south of Interstate 68 along U.S. Route 219, tucked between the 3000-foot-plus Meadow and Marsh mountains. Sitting at nearly 2500 feet above sea level, the lake stretches 12 miles southeast from the area’s hub — the village of McHenry on the extreme north end of the reservoir. Built 76 years ago to supply water and electricity to the region, Deep Creek Lake is fed by several tributaries (known as “runs” in this part of Maryland), and feeds the national wild and scenic-designated Youghiogheny River.

Due to the mountainous terrain and the multiple valleys and watersheds that feed it, Deep Creek’s shoreline is as erratic as it is lengthy, with 65 miles of coves and quiet places. On the other hand, there are stretches of shoreline that are highly developed, offering their own appeal to campers who want a touch of civilization.