Options

6/11/05

amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
edited June 13, 2005 in Holy Macro
as 87 of you know, or less counting for multiple clicks on the same thread, my beloved Canon A80 was replaced under extended warranty by my newly beloved Canon A95. From 4 megs to 5 megs in one easy motion. Heres the first public offering of its abilities. As many of you don't know, I live in Orange County , NY, home of Paul Sr and the Choppers. This is about a mile from Rock Tavern, the little hamlet he calls home, and other people used too also.

I've never been to this, though its 5 minutes from my house, just a small little cemetery from years past. The town nust have mowed it, so I stopped.

24641555-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited June 11, 2005
    its very roadside, my bike is on the shoulder. Rt 207. Stewart Airport is 5 minutes away from this spot.

24641556-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2005
    I suppose we'll never know what else it said.

24641553-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2005
    this family lost 2 daughters in 2 months, a 2 year old and a 5 year old.

24641554-L.jpg
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    Hi Amadeus,
    I like this shot the best. I like the fact the tombstones are all leaning different ways makes it interesting for me. Old cemeteries can be a sad place. In Aurora (ghost town), there is a single monument where four children died within a two week span, ages from 2 to 8 years. I suspect they got sick with a nasty bug. Sad but common.

Interesting shots,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister